cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C130

RobbbbbW
Joining in

I have just changed my kit as the deal offered was pretty good, connected my new V6 to my Hub 3 via Ethernet and run the Hub3 in modem mode as I don't want the wireless function.

Every 2 or 3 days I get C130 error code and the only way to cure it is to hard reset the Hub3, I seems that the V6 is cannot talk to the hub via the Ethernet cable? I have changed it 3 times to make sure the cable is good.

Is there a setting I have missed or do I have a faulty unit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless you have your own router you need to run your Hub in router mode, otherwise there is no device in the home network correctly managing the internal devices.

You can disable the wireless signal while in router mode if you don't want to use that - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-turn-off-wireless

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless you have your own router you need to run your Hub in router mode, otherwise there is no device in the home network correctly managing the internal devices.

You can disable the wireless signal while in router mode if you don't want to use that - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-turn-off-wireless

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks for the reply, I have my own network, so will try as suggested just to disable wireless signal

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RobbbbbW wrote:

Every 2 or 3 days I get C130 error code and the only way to cure it is to hard reset the Hub3

I'd be interested to know what the V6's network connections screen says when this happens Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network

I'm looking for 3 things..

1: Regular 6hourly calls home on the LHS

2: IP address allocation in the top-right

3: Ability to "connect to VM services now" at the bottom

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @RobbbbbW,

Welcome! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for your current issues with our equipment.

How is it looking for you now?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

So as suggested above:

I have disabled the 2.5/5 ghz wifi signals from within and all seems to now be working!

That does not explain why It does not work when set to modem only however for now it is perfectly OK

Thanks all for the assistance

R