cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering/ picture disturbance

AChaddock
Tuning in

Hi! I have a V6 box and for the past few weeks I have experienced picture disturbance particularly in the evening. I have tried rebooting and all the other suggestions made in the help section to no avail. Now I am also experiencing buffering when trying to watch the iPlayer. Any suggestions please?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Live TV & OnDemand are sourced differently but use the same video output.

For example, pixellation on live TV often indicates a signal fault.. whereas VoD & streaming uses the internet - speed issues would normally cause buffering and/or stuttering pictures.

Can you clarify what you're having problems with?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Loads of horizontal lines pulling across the screen and also stuttering of sound. Iplayer was buffering and eventually the programme would not play.

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's possible you have 2 separate issues here.

1: Horizontal lines - possibly an HDMI issue. Have you tried another HDMI lead? Or at the very least, reseated the one you have - and try in another HDMI port on your TV?

2: iPlayer/OnDemand issues. This uses the internet, which comes via your VM home-hub. Do you have problems with other internet-based functions or streaming services? Do non-BBC OnDemand programmes have the same problem?

Your V6 gets an internet connection via your homehub, which can be Ethernet cabled or wireless - how is yours connected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. Will have an investigate later.