Menu
digsby
Settling in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Buffering Problem

I’ve had Virgin Media VIP bundle installed two weeks ago with the V6 box. Today I signed up to the VM Store and purchased a movie. But watching it on my TV was a nightmare as every few minutes it froze while buffering. My VM bundle includes a broadband speed of 350mbps via fibre optic cable so I can’t understand why buffering should occur at all? Does anyone have any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering Problem

Buffering is usually due to the source end not the V6 box.
High demand for a file can cause buffering and has little to do with your internet speed.
A one off problem is not really a cause for complaint, you have had a bad experience I would chalk it down to a life experience, but if it happens again then I would suggest calling the help line.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi digsby,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you've had trouble with you V6 box.

How has it been since posting? Have you noticed any more pixelation or buffering? I've run diagnostics on your box and your signal levels are looking okay at the moment.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SuperNick
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi I’m the same really bad buffering going off can’t watch owt without it stoping every two minutes 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Unlikely to be the same as that in this 1 year old thread.
If you want some help diagnosing your problem you need to post up a lot more information on what it is exactly, what equipment is it on, what VM kit & service do you have, how are they all connected, etc

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
SuperNick
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Why’s that unlikely to be the same then? I’ve read what he’s got I’ve got same and some virgin guy replied to his comment, hence why I put I’m experiencing the same and if a virgin tech guy was to look at what equipment I’ve got then it would tell them all this on there screen as they sold it me 

Now yes it was a year ago but he might see it and message saying I got it sorted and it was this 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

OK I will leave it for the VM tech guy to help you.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi SuperNick,

Thank you for posting on our Forum.

Can you give us more information on the buffering issue you're experiencing?

Is it the same with both wired and wireless connection?

Is the issue the same on all devices?

Can you confirm what Hub you have?

Please be as descriptive as you can.

Look forward to your reply,

Thanks,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
SuperNick
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The tv buffers with iplayer the router is 6 meters away it’s one of thee v6 new ones, the TVs brand new also, sometimes buffers on iPad. 

dident  have this problem when we had sky broadband 

TVs bolted to the wall and too far away to get a wired connection, iPad can’t be connected any other way, had amazon fire stick other day streaming in living room next to router and iplayer on in other room and it still was buffering, and it’s ment to be 100mbps as you told me you upped the speed so should cope with multiple devices 

thanks 

0 Kudos
SuperNick
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

And it’s a hub 3.0 

thanks 

0 Kudos