cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Britbox

Brucie
On our wavelength

I would like to know if i can access Britbox on my V6 Virgin box ? I do not have a smart television so might i be restricted in my choice of viewing  ? They advertise on the Virgin platform so appears strange i cannot view their platform .

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Brucie wrote:

I would like to know if i can access Britbox on my V6 Virgin box ? I do not have a smart television so might i be restricted in my choice of viewing  ? They advertise on the Virgin platform so appears strange i cannot view their platform .

No. There is no agreement with Virgin & Britbox to carry their app at the present time.

The advertising you see for Britbox is controlled by the TV channel you are viewing, not the TV platform provider you are using to view it. Everyone viewing that channel, be they on Freeview, Freesat, Sky, Virgin or others will still see it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I haven't seen Britbox advertising that they are available on Virgin.

Virgin don't carry the Britbox app yet, although that may change in the future.

Amazon Prime have an app on the V6 and TV 360 boxes. If you subscribe to Amazon Prime then you can subscribe to the Britbox channel via the Prime app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You might well also find some of the programmes Britbox have, are available via alternative means. I've not looked at their content listings to check, but it's often the case that Netflix & Prime, overlap with boxset content to some degree.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

spj20016
On our wavelength

You can now subscribe to Britbox as an amazon prime add on. You can then watch Britbox on the V6 through the amazon prime app. It's a little harder to find all available programs but if you know what is available you can search for it. There is also a free 7 day trial available.