cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box wont show bbc channels all distorted

Abij87
Tuning in

Had new box (reconnect box) having issues as all bbc or bbc related channels are all distorted all other channels fine 

Have tried on different and with different cables but still the same 

Any ideas 

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Abij87 

Have you checked the white coaxial cable is snug and tight, also free from kinks?

I would also try rebooting the box following that.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi yes I have tried both of these and also tried it downstairs where my other box is and the bbc channels are the same if cable was bent it would effect all channels not just bbc I assume but all cables are fine 

It is  a new box well not new one he found in his van as my other box didn't work all other channels are OK but its just the bbc channels that's don't work bbc1 2 3 4 and cbbc cbeebies 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1: Just by mean of forum advice, rather than create multiple replies you can edit your posts for a short time after post - follow "post options" > "edit post"

2: You might want to also check GB-News HD on Ch626 - if you have problems with BBC2-HD, then GB-News HD should also be affected.

3: If you've got multiple boxes and the fault has followed the box to the new location, then it sounds like you've identified where the problem is. Refer to the third paragraph of post#3 for advice on what to do now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gb news is also effected, my other box is fine if I plug the broken box in down stairs it is the same so wires are fine so must be the box as other box works fine in both locations, broken box is same in both locations