cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box will not connect. We have just relocated hub to another room. 2 boxes work fine 3rd one wont connect.

silverfox50
On our wavelength

Box will not connect following relocation of hub but 2 other boxes do. Have tried with and without ethernet connections. Various err messages n27 being one. Arrow lights on box flashing

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From your description of the arrow lights, I suspect you don't have a TiVo but a V6. You can check here but I'll presume so for now, but can you confirm?

The first place to check is under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network

The top-right corner gives your connection status including (if appropriate) wireless signal strength and options to choose a new SSID to connect to.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Silverfox50,

When trying without an ethernet connection you need to remove the ethernet cable from the back of the V6, otherwise the the box will still think it's a wired connection and therefore not search for a wifi connection.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I also have a suspicion that if the OP has "relocated hub", that lack of available wireless signal could be a likely reason for this issue.

Checking the network connection screen will prove that pretty quickly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From your description of the arrow lights, I suspect you don't have a TiVo but a V6. You can check here but I'll presume so for now, but can you confirm?

The first place to check is under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network

The top-right corner gives your connection status including (if appropriate) wireless signal strength and options to choose a new SSID to connect to.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Silverfox50,

When trying without an ethernet connection you need to remove the ethernet cable from the back of the V6, otherwise the the box will still think it's a wired connection and therefore not search for a wifi connection.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I also have a suspicion that if the OP has "relocated hub", that lack of available wireless signal could be a likely reason for this issue.

Checking the network connection screen will prove that pretty quickly.

silverfox50
On our wavelength

Hi yes it is a V6

thanks for that

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi silverfox50,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forum! I am sorry that you're having some problems with your V6 box.

I'll just need you to go through a few troubleshooting steps to try and diagnose ths issue further. Could you please follow these steps?

• Reboot your Hub and your set-top box.
  • Check that any cabling connected to the socket on the wall is secure and finger tight, including any splitters (if applicable).

Can you please let me know if this resolves the issue? If not, I can go through some more steps with you.

Kind regards,
Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

silverfox50
On our wavelength

Our hub has been relocated from a bedroom to our lounge. The V6 boxes in the lounge and bedrom connect fine. However the one in the extention will not connect with messages C130 and N27 coming up. I have rebooted the box and the hub and tried connecting with and without an ethernet connection and still no joy. Keeps saying cable unplugges.I haven't made any alterations to the set up so cannot understand why there are the arrow lights on the front of the box. Any suggestions please-thanks   

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@silverfox50 

I've merged your new post with your existing thread on the same subject. That'll save confusing replies.

If you have an Ethernet cable connected to your V6, then regardless of what's connected at the other end (i.e. a hub or nothing) that will disable the WiFi. Can you run an Ethernet cable between the V6 and your homehub? If so, let's stick with that. If you can't, then best abandon it and go with WiFi - that will mean not having the cable connected to the V6.

Assuming the former - please confirm a cable is connected to your V6 and to your hub at the other end.

Assuming the latter - confirm no cable is connected, and try using WiFi instead. Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network and follow the prompts to connect using wireless.

thanks. I can't connect to the hub with ethernet due to distance. I have unplugged the cable from both the adapter and the box and  tried to connect and the message "network cable unplugged" comes up.