cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box not working

Ajmottershead78
On our wavelength

My Virgin box isn't working.it keeps flashing red and white and says starting up on the screen then nothing else happens. Tried looking in help sections but can't find the answer. Not sure what box I have.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A box that won't bootup, has a fault.

Ideally you need to call Virgin Media to report this. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Choose the "I have a fault" option.

VM staff respond on here, but it may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ajmottershead78 

Edited post.... Please don't create multiple posts for the same query, it causes the exact confusion that's just caused me to write a lengthy reply and then find your previous posts. I've merged them together for you.

In this case, now your posts are together in the same place, I can see your issue and that you've tried to report it via C/S. I'll escalate this thread to the staff team on here - this hopefully means you should get a response from VM staff, quicker than you otherwise would.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Ajmottershead78
On our wavelength
  • My Virgin box isn't working.it keeps flashing red and white and says starting up on the screen then nothing else happens. Tried looking in help sections but can't find the answer. Its a v6 box.

lotharmat
Community elder
This would probably be better in the TV section:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/bd-p/Virgin_TV_V6

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A box that won't bootup, has a fault.

Ideally you need to call Virgin Media to report this. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Choose the "I have a fault" option.

VM staff respond on here, but it may take a day or so.

I rang them and they said they were sending signals etc to it. Got to wait 3 hrs, reboot and wait 3 hrs. If not working then got to ring them back. Feel like I've been fobbed off as its obvious the box is faulty.

Ajmottershead78
On our wavelength

Mines doing the same thing and flashing red and white. I rang virgin and like you they are doing tests and I've got to ring back if it doesn't sort itself out. A right pain, especially when you have to wait ages on the phone.

Ajmottershead78
On our wavelength

My v6 box hasn't worked for three days now. I rang up yesterday and was told they would test it by sending signals, and if it still didn't work to ring back. I rang back today and was told an engineer was coming out today before 5pm (nobody had told me). Nobody has turned up and I'm so annoyed as I feel as if I'm being fobbed off. It's obvious my box is faulty, I just need another box. I'm fed up of ringing up and getting a different story.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ajmottershead78 

Edited post.... Please don't create multiple posts for the same query, it causes the exact confusion that's just caused me to write a lengthy reply and then find your previous posts. I've merged them together for you.

In this case, now your posts are together in the same place, I can see your issue and that you've tried to report it via C/S. I'll escalate this thread to the staff team on here - this hopefully means you should get a response from VM staff, quicker than you otherwise would.

The box is flashing red and white constantly and the TV screen just shows the starting up page and thats all. The lady I spoke to yesterday said that she had done some tests and sent some signals to my box (that's all I know). The man I spoke to today said the engineer would come no later than 5pm today. I only found out an engineer was coming because I rang up. I ran the test on the virgin media app and it said there was a fault with the box.

Hi there Ajmottershead78,

Thanks for your posts and apologies that no one has come today. 

I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you but I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs