cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box keeps switching off

Wolifie1
Joining in

TiVo box keeps switching off itself then reboots back on it has happened 3 times in the last 30mins 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It won't alter the fault diagnosis, but do you have a TiVo or a V6? You've posted in the V6 board but referred to a TiVo, so let's check now incase forum staff get involved later. The 2 boxes are shown here if you're not sure.

By means of a fault diagnosis - no box should be restarting anything more than occasionally and overnight. It sounds like yours isn't very well!

You can either wait on here for VM staff to pick this post up - which might take a day or so, or you can call into faults to report it. 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone), they might be closed this time of night, but reopen at 8am.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry yes it’s the virgin v6 4K HDR box 👍

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Steveo1914 

Have you replied to the correct post? This thread is helping @Wolifie1 with their box switching off.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It’s a v6 box only had the box from December, I’ve switched it off at the mains all night and just switched it back on just waiting to see if it plays up this morning then I was going to phone them as getting in touch through live chat is unbelievable.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wolifie1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some trouble with the TV box.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see we've been able to arrange an engineer regarding this.

If you do still need help with anything let us know.

Alex

Got it fix ,thanks new box was needed