cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box in a constant reboot loop

willocds
Joining in

Some weeks ago, my second VM box got into an odd state when trying to do an update.

Now it just constantly reboots and I occassionally get a "This DVR has serios problems, we will attempt to fix it, this will take 3 hours". After 24 hours of letting it try to fix itself, I'm beginning to lose faith.

What's the quickest way to get someone from VM out to bring me a new box or getting them to post me a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The green screen "DVR has detected a problem" means the hard drive has failed. As with any service fault, you have 2 choices..

1: Call in - 150 from VM, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

2: Wait here, VM staff should respond after a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The green screen "DVR has detected a problem" means the hard drive has failed. As with any service fault, you have 2 choices..

1: Call in - 150 from VM, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

2: Wait here, VM staff should respond after a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @willocds,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your VM box rebooting. I can however see that you have very recently been in contact with our team who were able to help with this. Is the issue fully resolved?

Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs