cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry channels V6 box

anapa69
Joining in

Hi,

I have lots of channels which are blurry. Done usual checks like cable connections, power reset etc. No luck.

Might need engineer visit.

Some of the channels that are blurry are 808, 809, 815, 816, 825, 827 and there are plenty more.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like you've got a mixture of SD & HD channels in there, but it's all the foreign language ones. How long has this been a problem?

Ch816 is in the Full-House bundle so I've checked that - it doesn't look dissimilar quality to any other SD channel when viewed on a bigger (in my case, HD) TV. Not the greatest PQ, but certainly watchable and no obvious blur.

Are there any channels affected that aren't in the 800s? What's your video output set to.. Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like you've got a mixture of SD & HD channels in there, but it's all the foreign language ones. How long has this been a problem?

Ch816 is in the Full-House bundle so I've checked that - it doesn't look dissimilar quality to any other SD channel when viewed on a bigger (in my case, HD) TV. Not the greatest PQ, but certainly watchable and no obvious blur.

Are there any channels affected that aren't in the 800s? What's your video output set to.. Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Issue is ongoing since last 4-6 weeks. 

Channels mentioned are part of Asian Mela package which we watch regularly. But there are lots of other channels which are affected too. 

Ch no. 133, 138, 140, 146, 147, 151, 152, 153, 154 are all blurry. There may be few more, but didn't go through them.

Thanks for your help.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you able to post a picture or video of your picture?

I'm struggling to work out if this could be 1: A TV settings issue, or 2: Symptomatic of SD pictures on a (you haven't said but I'm presuming) HD screen.

Have you eliminated the HDMI cable & TV port as possible causes?

All BBC channels are ok. Also all HD channels are ok. Only random SD channels are affected it seems.

How do I post video here?

Virgin V6 picture distorted.JPG

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Either upload to YouTube (or whatever other video site you prefer) and post the link here

Or use this option in the compose message window... Be aware photos & videos need to manually approved before they'll be publicly visible.

VM_reply.JPG

Edit: Posts crossed. That image is of what I would call pixellation & picture breakup. More often than not, this is a signal fault. Standard advice is to reboot your box once to eliminate a software issue. If symptoms persist, that's a fault all day long and will need VM intervention to rectify.

Check on 0800 5610061 that there's no known area issues, otherwise it'll need to be reported. You can either wait here for staff to respond, the current turnaround is around 1-2 days. Or call into faults (150 from VM, 0345 4541111 otherwise) and choose the "I have a fault" options.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@anapa69 wrote:

Virgin V6 picture distorted.JPG

That is poor signal or possibly RF noise somewhere in the installation. Check there are no loose connections before calling faults to get this looked at.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @anapa69,

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the blurry channels you are experiencing, I'm really sorry to see that the picture is distorted on these channels for you. Have you double checked all the cables between your TV and box are securely connected?

I'd like to take a look at your account and check for faults, I will send you a private message now to obtain the details required to do this.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner,

Many thanks,

Serena