cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurred menus

boisie
Joining in

Hi all

All of my TV menus have gone blurry and it seems to also impact recordings. It is not my TV as picture quality itself is unaffected and I still get clear picture if I use PS or other input methods. Has anyone seen this before and how do you fix it? Or is my TIVO box just getting old?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

ozsat
Superstar

Ensure your video output setting on the V6 have not changed which they can sometimes do.

For best results, should really just have 1080p set and also 2160p if your tv is 4K.

@boisie wrote:

Hi all

All of my TV menus have gone blurry and it seems to also impact recordings. It is not my TV as picture quality itself is unaffected and I still get clear picture if I use PS or other input methods. Has anyone seen this before and how do you fix it? Or is my TIVO box just getting old?

Thanks

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi boisie, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues with the picture on your TV service. 

To clarify, is it only when you go to the channel guide that you experience this issue? How are things when you select a live channel and are you able to see a noticeable difference between SD and HD channels?

We would following the suggestions from Ozsat but also maybe try the service with a different HDMi cable to ensure the current one is not faulty. 

Thank you 

Nat

Yes it's only in the menus. I changed nothing and suddenly it's all clear again not sure what is going on. It did affect recordings I did at the time. Made it look more like standard definition even when recording from HD

Thank you for that information boisie.

I have attempted to locate your account to look into this on our side but have been unsuccessful. 

What I will do is private message you to get some information to see what we can do to help. 

^Martin