Menu
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Blank screen with sound

Hi guys

Anyone else getting the same issue,it's happened twice that I can hear what is on but get a black screen with no picture and I have to reboot
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blank screen with sound

Hi anthony_b, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with getting a picture on your V6 box. 

Are you by any chance connecting the V6 box through a 4K Amp to a non 4K TV? 

Is this happening on Live TV or is it only happening when using an app such as Netflix? 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thank you for coming back so quickly.

It seems to happen on TV stations and not one in particular. I think the last time it happened was on a music channel.

As I mentioned to someone on the phone at VM,the box is connected via an HDMI cable to a 4k TV and she said it was a known issue with the box st this stage and for the short term I was told to turn off and on the V6 box till a fix is sorted

Best
Anthony
0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Kath

It's just happened again when I changed channels but this time I got no sound and no picture
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello anthony_b,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Since you mentioned that there was no sound or picture what I would like to do is to arrange for one of our engineers to take a closer look so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
B-side
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here too. Sequence is as follows (Samsung TV):

1. If I switch TV on first, then V6 afterwards the picture comes up blank, initially with status bar then just the red button. Sound is fine. If I then switch off the V6 and back on again (with the TV still on) the picture appears correctly with sound. 

2. If I switch V6 on first and then the TV afterwards I get picture and sound working normally. 

B-Side

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I tried part 1 and it worked fine

I think the issue happens randomly

As I mentioned virgin media know about it and they are waiting for a fix.
My question is they know about it along with the snow pixelation when resetting the box but why are they waiting so long
0 Kudos
tonyhamilton67
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Any chance of sending an engineer to fix the sound no picture problem I've got as my V6 box is doing what everyone else's is.

The TV I'm using is a LG 43" 4K TV

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi tonyhamilton67,

Thanks for posting.

If you haven't already tried this then I'd recommend using a different HDMI cable and also trying a different port at the back of your television

If it's still the same then I'll need to arrange the engineer.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Martjam
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I'm posting on behalf of my mother - I am her son.  She is 103 years old so needs my help.

Last week she had a new V6 boy installed replacing her old box.

She is getting this problem of a blank screen - she has sound and subtitles.  When I visit her I can usually rectify the problem by changing the HDMI port.  I have changed the port each time I have visited and each time the picture is restored.

Unfortunately this is happening every time she switches her TV on.  She is unable to change the HDMI port herself which means she is sitting there for hours on end without the enjoyment of her TV.

This is a major worry for me and wonder if this problem remains whether it would be possible for her to have the old box returned.

I'm desperate for someone to help please.

Martin

0 Kudos