cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank screen TV

MarionT-R
Tuning in

When I turned the TV on earlier today, there was a frozen picture with some interference causing a wobble. I rebooted the system and the screen is now blank and the TV controls aren’t responding except to switch on or off. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @MarionT-R

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue! 

Can I ask if you how things are looking since your last post? 

Thank you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your TV tuned to the correct HDMI input?

In other words - your V6 has an HDMI connection to one of your TV's HDMI inputs. Do you have the correct input selected?

When you rebooted the box, did you get the starting-up screens to indicate the boot cycle?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for replying. The TV isn’t responding at all to instructions, except on or off, so when I click on Sources on the remote, nothing comes on screen. I’ve no reason to think it’s in the wrong HDMI port as it was working last night ..The same problem occurs with the rebooting - nothing on screen at all - but it does look like the screen when the wrong HDMI port is selected as you say ..

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MarionT-R 

Have you tried a different HDMI cable, or putting the cable into a different HDMI port?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes, I tried changing the HDMI port earlier and it was the same ..I’ve done a system check through virgin and they’re saying there’s a fault with the box - so I’ll call them tomorrow am 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @MarionT-R 

Sorry that didn't help.

The best time to call them (150 from a VM phone) is 8am when lines first open, or around afternoon teatime.

You need the faults team, option 2.  

When calling Faults you will hear  the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi there @MarionT-R

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue! 

Can I ask if you how things are looking since your last post? 

Thank you.