cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen

Emmagroves
Tuning in

Has anyone been able to solve this? I've had this Samsung 4k TV for a year but this issue has only appeared in the last 2 months, very annoying issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Emmagroves
Tuning in

I've also tried, all ports, resets, 3 different hdmi cables, changing hdmi settings, display out puts. How can this just appear after a year of it being fine. TV has been tested and its fine. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Emmagroves
Tuning in

I've also tried, all ports, resets, 3 different hdmi cables, changing hdmi settings, display out puts. How can this just appear after a year of it being fine. TV has been tested and its fine. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Emmagroves 

Please can you try the following:-

You can force the screen to reset and it will display in the basic  576p resolution.

This will allow you to go into the V6 settings and change the video output again.

Using your remote control press Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, 4, 8, 0, Clear

You should now be able to see the screen again, so using your remote

1. Press Home  > Help & Settings >  Settings > Video Output > Video Output Format

Either go to Auto detect to run a test of your TV’s display options.

It will then ask you to confirm the new display selection  or choose  Test Formats to run a quick test on the Virgin TV V6 box and follow the onscreen guides

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Force set the screen from TV or virgin box

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The V6 box

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your reply, but this didn't work. I've run out of ideas. I'm still confused to as why everything was OK for a year and this happened out of the blue. 

Hi Emmagroves ,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you are still facing the same issue with your TV, I have tried to have a look at things at our end, however wasn't able to locate your account with the details we have for you, so I can help further I will invite you into a private chat, I will send an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.