Menu
Gavin4
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Black screen

Tv switches intermittently to a black /blank screen .Only had Virgin tv and broadband 2 weeks and had done this since install. Have seen many treads on this subject .

However I have noticed just from today

that any black screen drops coincide with any major appliance in my house being switched on , fridge freezer switching off and on .Really but when oven is switched on have to do a restart. Anybody else had symptoms like this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Black screen

Hi Gavin4,

Welcome to the community.

First I would recommend checking all the cables are secure from the back of the box to your television and if possible change the HDMI cable.

I'd also recommend checking the standby settings, you can find out how to do this on our help page here.

Please let me know how you get on.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lorskimac
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi there fellow sufferer. We get the random total cut out when watching TV too but I don't think I can link it to other appliances. 

We also get broadband drop out and lots of unavailable services. 

Have you found any solutions yet?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Gavin4
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I am still convinced that the appliances are affecting my virgin.

What I have done is plug tivo box directly into wall and no through surge protector. 

Still getting blank screens however but no as bad .Administrator suggested checking all cabling which I have done except the HDMI plug into back of tv .Tv is on a wall so it's a big deal to check it !.

Going to try running a power cable from another part of the house to tivo box to see if that makes any difference 

0 Kudos
Gavin4
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Still getting issues with black screen as discussed , noticed now definitely fridge / freezer, electric shower  cooker (electric),occasionally kettle .

Have altered box settings as you suggested, but still as above. Have not changed HDMI as yet 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gavin4

I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently. 

I've taken a look at this from our end and we're not detecting any errors at the moment. When your appliance causes this, does the set top box or TV turn off at all? If so, there could be a power routing issue, so we'd love to hear how the TV, set top box and appliances are connected to the power. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lorskimac

Apologies for the problems with your service too, I've also been able to locate your account to run some tests and we're seeing some results as non contactable. 

If you're still experiencing issues, reboot the set top box and get in touch. We'll take another look for you right away. 

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
Gavin4
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Picture goes blank,no sound .

Have watched for power dipping on box but it's difficult to spot .

Tivo box are directly plugged into wall no surge protector box .

As is freezer (main interference)although others occasionally effect box .

Fyi tivo and freezer are not plugged into same socket. Have not changed HDMI as you suggested, don't really know what to replace it with. Gavin

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gavin4

Thanks for getting back to me, although there could be a plethora of reasons why this could be happening, we'd like to make sure the issue is identified and resolved as soon as possible.

With that in mind, I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available? 

I'll send you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

Gavin4
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, but can see link to allow me to pm you to arrange visit 

0 Kudos