cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black flickering line BT Sport Ultimate Channel

Bruffell06
Tuning in

Hi.

I'm having issues with my BT Sport Ultimate Channel.  Around every minute or so there is a black line that flickers horizontally across the screen for a split second. Ive not had this issue with any other channel and I can play 4k content through my TV so there is no issues with my HDMI cable. Just appears to be somewhat of an issue with my TV and V6 box playing 4k content. I've checked my video output settings and it is playing in 2160. Given that I have the Ultimate channel I dont really want to drop the picture down to 1080 as the picture quality is really good.

Has anybody else had this and found a solution?

80 REPLIES 80

IMG_20201130_190450.jpg

Just managed to catch it at a different time on Sky Sports Main HD just under the Fulham player. The line is longer and darker during the game, just very hard to pause and capture it at the exact frame using the remote control.

I'll check a little later to see if that appeared here or not - I suspect not.

@tuscans wrote:

Just managed to catch it at a different time on Sky Sports Main HD just under the Fulham player. The line is longer and darker during the game, just very hard to pause and capture it at the exact frame using the remote control.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

I recorded Sky Sports Premier League HD and had the exact same line - so I think it was in the transmission itself.

I think the originally issue was a BT related issue.

@tuscans wrote:

I don't know mate because the BT Ultimate lines stopped about a week after it was reported there was an engineer visit in the area on the virgin site. Tonight's issues on Sky Sports wasn't just that match, it's been since it stopped on BT Ultimate a few weeks ago and appeared on several Sky football broadcasts, as if it's leaped from one channel to the other now.

It was in the same place on the repeat on my SkyQ box - so is a part of the programme itself.

@ozsat wrote:

I recorded Sky Sports Premier League HD and had the exact same line - so I think it was in the transmission itself.

I think the originally issue was a BT related issue.

@tuscans wrote:

Has anybody else had the "black line flash" issue on any programme which is not UK based sports? Or even not football?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi ozsat,

I haven't had the black flash line on any channels or programs.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It is difficult to see unless you are really paying attention - at most they seem to be onscreen for around 1/10 of a second.

@newapollo wrote:

Hi ozsat,

I haven't had the black flash line on any channels or programs.

Same again during the start of the West Ham v Man Utd match on Sky Sports Main Event.

It has been fed back through the channels - but I've now seen these on both VM and Sky boxes. Also seen it is delayed re-runs of games.

Seems to be an issue with one of the facilities being used for UHD sport coverage.

Although Sky Sports UHD is not on VirginMedia - the games you mention are in UHD on Sky.

I think it is only visable with certain tv settings in place - so with certain tv menu settings for picture enhancement the lines are obscured.

Even when they are seen they are maybe only one or a couple of pixels thick and are on screen for less then a tenth of a second.

Don't need to post images for a time stamp in the game can help me check other non-VM devices.