cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black flickering line BT Sport Ultimate Channel

Bruffell06
Tuning in

Hi.

I'm having issues with my BT Sport Ultimate Channel.  Around every minute or so there is a black line that flickers horizontally across the screen for a split second. Ive not had this issue with any other channel and I can play 4k content through my TV so there is no issues with my HDMI cable. Just appears to be somewhat of an issue with my TV and V6 box playing 4k content. I've checked my video output settings and it is playing in 2160. Given that I have the Ultimate channel I dont really want to drop the picture down to 1080 as the picture quality is really good.

Has anybody else had this and found a solution?

80 REPLIES 80

It's mad mate. Same place on the screen, always on BT Ultimate guaranteed. Hopefully someone will have a fix. 

Off subject, you're from Liverpool yeah? You a blue or a red?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi tuscans,

I wonder if it's area related. I'm in Teesside and have no problems with BT Sports Ultimate.

BTW As the late, great Bill Shankly said 

bills.png

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Nah it isn't unfortunately mate. I'm in South Wales and the other chap is in Liverpool.

@tuscans and @Bruffell06  - Something to test here.

Can one of you post a time or two within the match when a black line is on screen?  An image would be super.

Then the other check the same times to see if the black lines appear at the same time - or different times?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

We did this weeks ago mate. During the Arsenal game they appeared the same time. 

I'm not really going through all that again to be honest, so difficult to use the remote and pause it exactly when it happens because the flashing streak is so quick. The evidence has been posted, so I'll wait for a tech op to to supply me with a new box. I'm past waiting any longer, it's only been the 11 months now.

Exactly the same moment?

I've got a UHD recording from VM today - if you give we a time to the second I'll see if anything off appears - but I saw no lines.

It could be something faulty in a local cabinet triggered by something in the signal - which nobody else has spotted or botherted to report.

My mother other gets loads of ITVHD errors which when reported a for several users in her street (everybody on the same cabinet) - but nobody else bothers reporting the problems.

I've just spent a week trying to stop audio dropouts on a SkyQ box only on ITVHD which nobody else has reported and followed a software update. Different tvs too.

I now have a Freesat box doing exactly the same at exactly the same moments. But nobody else is reporting this.

Some faults can be more common then you think - it is just those that notice which are rare.

I take it both V6 users with this issue only have one V6 each?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

It's so difficult to catch the one on BT Ultimate as it's probably about 3mm in thickness, goes from just under half way across the screen, starting from left to just over the centre. On BT Ultimate it literally flashes for a 10th of a second once, may occur a minute later or even 5-10 minutes later but last all the way through the entire match. 

The picture of the Arsenal game was from Sky Sports in 1080p and was the first time it had ever appeared but the lines there were a lot thicker and would flicker every second or so for a good 5 minutes. That wasn't to bad to capture but because of the infrequency and speed of the lines on BT Ultimate I think it will be extremely hard to catch the correct frame it appears. I'll try on the next match they broadcast but I can't promise anything.

IMG_20201021_201815.jpg

BT Ultimate - 8:14pm and occurred again on 8:18pm. As said previously, always on BT Ultimate since December last year. After 4 pages of this why has no one from Virgin looked into this?

Very apparent during the West Ham v Man City game, appearing every 2 minutes or so.

Same again today for me. Every 60 seconds or so.