cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black flickering line BT Sport Ultimate Channel

Bruffell06
Tuning in

Hi.

I'm having issues with my BT Sport Ultimate Channel.  Around every minute or so there is a black line that flickers horizontally across the screen for a split second. Ive not had this issue with any other channel and I can play 4k content through my TV so there is no issues with my HDMI cable. Just appears to be somewhat of an issue with my TV and V6 box playing 4k content. I've checked my video output settings and it is playing in 2160. Given that I have the Ultimate channel I dont really want to drop the picture down to 1080 as the picture quality is really good.

Has anybody else had this and found a solution?

80 REPLIES 80

Same black lines have made a reappearance this weekend on live football again. All on Sky Sports HD this time.

Coming back to an old post since May last year as the issue was fixed. But after upgrading to the Ultimate Oomph bundle from December 7th I have a recurrence of the same issue. 

This is now repeating on all channels I have watched, terrestrial, movies and sports when it was mainly a sports channel, HD and UHD.. As before, plays back on recordings but never shows on any content that doesn't involve Virgin media so again, not a tv issue. 

Hi @tuscans, thank you for posting. Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues on your TV service once more. 

I am particularly concerned that this is now happening for you on all channels - is it happening on both your TV360 box and 360mini box? Also, have you done a reboot on both boxes since upgrading? Can you ensure your picture resolution settings are set to 'Automatic' and let us know if the problem persists?

All the best, 

Molly

None of that has worked. If you go through the previous posts ( mainly Ozsat ) it has something to do with the Sky broadcasts. Approximately after May/ June last year the issue had disappeared but after taking out the Ultimate Oomph package in December it came straight back as soon as the switch went live. Gone from watching Sky Movies to Sky Sports this evening with it appearing every 15 minutes or so.

Hi tuscans, 

Apologies, can you please confirm exactly what channels this is happening on as you've mentioned above it's on all channels but then in another post you've mentioned it's only on Sky channels. We just need to clarify this to ensure we are running the correct diagnostics. 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I cant see where I wrote "only" on Sky channels. The topic was originally brought up about it appearing on BT Sport UHD and then on Sky channels including BBC, ITV, 4 etc. 

I could of taken a picture of any of the sports channels today whilst watching the football or even ITV during the rugby but as of 10pm tonight whilst watching Top Gun on Sky Cinema Greats HD I decided to take picture of it. Virtually identical to the issue before. As I mentioned before the problem vanished for months until I changed packages and was sent a new box and once set up I immediately noticed it again.

If you go back through the start of the topic it was apparent by 3 other members in different parts of the country. Most people might not notice it as flashes on and off once very quickly but occurs every 15-20 minutes. 

New evidence attached.IMG_20220312_220655.jpg

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tuscans

Thanks for the clarification, I'm sorry to see there is a black line appearing on your screen. I have tried to run some further diagnostics on our systems, however our diagnostics system is unable to retrieve all of your TV box's stats. Can you try rebooting your TV box again for me and then let me know when you have so I can run a few tests.

Many thanks,

Serena

Reboot done. But as I have said I believe this is a broadcast issue as the person who helped me last time seen the same issue through his Sky Q box too.

Thank you for that information. Is the line showing on any other channels? 

Are you continuing to have the issue on that channel?

^Martin

Yes mentioned above, on Sky Channels, BT, BBC and ITV.