Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to clear all series links?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I should of course know this - but.....

I have about 300 "series links" on my V6 😯    It's getting " messy" - I am happy to delete them all and start building them again - but there doesn't seem an easy way of doing that with a couple of"clicks".

What's the recommended procedure for doing this  - V6 reset perhaps?

Problem may be that a reset will delete my saved programmes (true?) - so would like to avoid that if at all possible !

Cheers  John

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm doing my testing remotely using TV Control but.....

The EPG metadata looks good, and all showings (SD, AD, HD etc) all have the same aired date.

The common causes of SL not picking up episodes that "should be" are...

Episode previously SL'd but has been manually cancelled.

The expected episode isn't the first showing, and that's been picked up instead. Following "view other showings" will usually identify this.

Checking the planned recordings should be reliable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi John,

I no longer have the V6 as I switched to the 360, but try pressing the Clear button on the series links?

@japitts would probably be the man to know, hope he doesn't mind me tagging him.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Easy @jbrennand 😉

I'm not near my v6 to check the exact wording but.... under Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart, there's 3 levels of reset...

1: Basic restart, 2: Clear EPG and rebuild planned recordings, 3: All-out wipe.

2 won't clear the existing SL's, 3 will clear your recordings.

Otherwise highlighting the individual SL in your "manage series links" screen and pressing "clear" will delete individual SL's.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Thanks guys - I live and learn 🙂

The "clear" click works and there is the option to remove all links in the"clear and restart" section.

Will sort them out later - cheers - John

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Right - still an issue somewhere.

I cleared the series link for "Match of The Day". Then restarted the V6. Went to the channel guide, selected MOTD and clicked record, get series link and..... noithing showed next to the channel - i.e the "triple" R icon did not appear.
Clicked record again and the option to cancel series link was there - I cancelled and tried again with the same result.

So I clicked the "record this episode" option and got the usual R icon next to the channel.

I have put it back to select the iconless series link option - but I have no confidence that it will record. I will wait and see!

Any ideas what is going on are welcome.

EDIT:  I looked at next Saturday and the triple R is there to record it !!  -  So the link appears to be in place after all - although tonight's still just has the single R icon - wonder if it will record it in duplicate 😎

--------------------
John
--------------------

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm doing my testing remotely using TV Control but.....

The EPG metadata looks good, and all showings (SD, AD, HD etc) all have the same aired date.

The common causes of SL not picking up episodes that "should be" are...

Episode previously SL'd but has been manually cancelled.

The expected episode isn't the first showing, and that's been picked up instead. Following "view other showings" will usually identify this.

Checking the planned recordings should be reliable.