cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bbc1 east midlands hd not working.

andythebassman
Tuning in

Bbc1 east Midlands not working. Bbc1 Scotland, Wales, London etc all ok, just not east mids. Rebooted the hox but still no joy. Error code W02.

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Error code W02 is a classic "loss of signal" so I'll advise as per "I have pixellation on my channels" - the underlying cause (and therefore fix) is the same..

If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Not sure it's an issue at this end, as all other bbc1 regional stations work fine, as does bbc2,3 & 4. Just seems to be specifically 1 channel and not pixellated, just blank.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The other channels you mention are carried on different TX frequencies across the VM network and wouldn't necessarily be affected by a signal fault on Ch101.

I refer you to paragraph 1 of my original response. Error W02 is a signal-related error code - pixellation is caused by poor signal, W02 is a loss of signal.

Alternatively, online help with this is available at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/w02 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi andythebassman,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for the issue you're having with your Tv service. 

I would like to look into this for you and so I will private message you to get some details. 

^Martin