cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad signal

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Our picture keeps going all pixellated ? Like constantly. Its not the television as it doesnt do it when im watching Netflix or Disney + etc through the apps on the tv. Only when im watching through Virgin  it keeps happening.

Ive checked all the wires are tight etc. 

I really wang to phone customer services but the thought of being stuck on the phone for up to an hour is making me  stressed. 

Anyone else had this problem and what fixed it ? 

Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi weeshaz, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues with the TV service. 

I have taken a look from our side and can confirm there are no area issues that could be impacting your services so we would need to investigate other possible causes. 

Can you please confirm if you are having this issue just while using the apps such as Netflix or are you experiencing any loss of service when you are viewing the channels? 

Thank you 

Nat

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Hi there its still doing it really quite bad. It does not happen when i watch netflix or disney plus. Its when i watch any channels on virgin. Bbc, channel 5  all those 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does it affect use of the Netflix app via your VM box?

It shouldn't - streaming & VoD uses the internet rather than the broadcast TV signals- but it'd be useful to confirm.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Ill check that, i usually watch it through the tvs app but ill go onto netflix on VM and check

Hi weeshaz thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you're having pixellation issues when watching live TV and recordings.  I would like to take a closer look.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @weeshaz thanks for confirming your details with me.

I have booked the first available appointment to attend your property.  You can view the appointment here.

Regards

Lee

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Hi there thank you but i cant see the appointment, i clicked on the link and signed in but dont see it anywhere

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Okay when it started pixelating again i quickly changed it to 204 to check Netflix through virgin and it didnt seem to be doing it? I dont know if it had just stopped as it does it intermittently and can just suddenly stop doing it as quickly as it started