Menu
cdturri
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport on 4K in VM

Hi, I am currently a BT Sports and Sky Sports customer and I am considering moving to Virgin Media. I have a 4K TV and love watching sports in 4K so I have not considered VM previously for that reason. I see that BT Sports is available on VM on 4K on channel 531 since Sept 2018 which is great. However I have read some comments on some forums in that is not proper 4K, it's upscale HD=>4K, comes via IP, etc.

Can someone with BT Sport UHD/4K please comment on the quality of this channel? Is it proper 4K?

The second question is with regards to Sky Sports on UHD/4K in VM. At the bundles home page on the VM site it says that the "Full House Sports" bundle comes with "Sky Sports and BT Sport in 4K Ultra HD". Is this correct? Both Sky Sports and BT Sports are now available on UHD/4K on VM? I can't find any other source for this nor on which channel Virgin Media shows (if correct) Sky Sports in 4k/UHD.

Thanks

Screenshot 2019-03-14 at 14.42.56.png

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BT Sport on 4K in VM

BT Sports 4K is a full, broadcast channel. It is not upscaled HD.

Sky Sports is not available in 4K on Virgin Media.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
cdturri
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Sport on 4K in VM

You would agree that that sentence is highly misleading since only BT Sports is available in 4K/UHD. It should really say "Enjoy Sky Sports in HD and BT Sport in 4K Ultra HD"...