Menu
harryglan
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport Ultimate record playback on V6 box

Watched the Charity Shield yesterday on BT Sport Ultimate.  Used recorded chase-play and the sound was breaking up but the picture was fine.   Caught up to live play and the sound was ok.  Other tv channels recorded sound and playback are fine.  Any idea what's wrong?

0 Kudos
Al_Pboro
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BT Sport Ultimate record playback on V6 box

Had the same problem. Not the first time I've had problems with ultra hd on virgin but never this bad it ruined my enjoyment of the match
0 Kudos
harryglan
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply.  I suspect there is technical problem with rendering recorded Ultra HD sound on Virgin.  I was only about ten mins behind the live play so I didn't miss much.  Very irritating all the same.  Anyone from Virgin care to comment?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Thesaint1967
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This happened live when I was watching the game for the first 30 mins or so I ended up watching it on the HD channel and then switched back and the sound was fine.I haven't had any issues before with the sound on BT 4K channel all last year.Hopefully we won't have this problem again for the future games.

0 Kudos
Neal2910
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Recorded Super Cup on BT Ultimate, sound intermittent throughout on playback. It didn’t happen last season so what is the problem?

0 Kudos
harryglan
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's interesting.   I couldn't watch yesterday's game in record mode either as the sound was breaking up on BT Ulimate, had to switch to the HD recording which was OK. That's two ruined Ultimate recordings now.  I'll call Customer Services but I'm not expecting a quick fix. It sounds like a new signal encoding problem if it wasn't happening last season.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There is another post about this started a month ago and someone from Virgin has finally taken all the comments on board and reported it as a genuine problem since Tuesday.
harryglan
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Outstanding!  What's the title of the other post?

0 Kudos