cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport Ultimate Sound and Picture Fault

BinghamBloke
Super solver

I put on the Champions League on channel 531 last night and the sound was glitchy/popping.

I didn't have time to faff around seeing if it was just me so I have been trying things this morning and it is definitely just that channel. The Virgin UHD channel sound is fine and other UHD services I have are fine.

I have to have the V6 on Dolby Digital to PCM setting otherwise I get a miss match in sound and vison. When I turn that off the dolby sound is good but I get that delay I spoke of.

Anyone else got sound problems?

166 REPLIES 166

Dean_C

Hi all, 

We just wanted to provide an update to let you all know that our engineers have now been able to apply a temporary fix for the live picture stuttering issue you have been experiencing, we will be applying the temporary fix over the weekend before each live event on BT Sports Ultimate and will have a permanent fix in place by early next week. 

Thanks again for your patience whilst we completed our investigation. 

Regards,

Dean C
Community Moderator 

KnaggsP
On our wavelength

Thanks for the update Dean , just in time for Forest v Liverpool I hope!

Buggerlugsuk
Tuning in

Hi sorry to dig up an old thread, but is anyone still getting this problem, TNT Sports Ultimate constantly goes in slow motion for a split second, juddering, etc

No other UHD channel does it in my package, Sky Sport UHD etc

The channel will play fine through adverts etc, then once the football comes on every minute or so it will start juddering/slow motion for just a second then go normal again but does this throughout the game.

Something else worth mentioning is on this channel only, hitting rewind, pause etc temporarily loses picture, the screen will go black for a second (doesn’t do this on any other channel). The sound will also go robotic again for a split second when you hit rewind/pause..

yes, noticed its return last week

Hey Buggerlugsuk,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with TNT sports, have you had any further issues since you last posted?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I raised a new post on the first game of the season on Saturday August 12th and that has also had some traction and confirmation from lots of other users about issues with this channel only. I still get notified with every game that TNT show that this is still a problem and has been acknowledged as a fault by a staff member on that thread

H0ll0wm4n
Joining in

I still get this issue. Trying to watch the Wolves v Liverpool game and have had to change to the normal HD channel. The stuttering sounds makes TNT Ultimate unwatchable

Hi there @H0ll0wm4n 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you for posting here to the forums 

Can I ask if you are experiencing any issues on any other channels at all? 

Hi Ashleigh_C,

No, I don't have any issues on any other channels at all, just the BT / TNT Ultimate HD. Normal HD channels are fine. I've tried changing the sound from Dolby Digital to PCM and vice versa, but no difference.