Menu
jg666
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

BBC1 recordings / schedule unreliable

I know this is probably due to the BBC messing around with the schedule and news programs overrunning but a mate who records on Freeview is not having the problems that I'm getting with my Virgin box.

I've tried to record a few things late on BBC1 and it's either not been that scheduled program or the program has started late and so ruined the recording of films which are missing the endings. Saturday night seems to be the worst but maybe that's the only night I'm recording late programs on BBC1.

As the schedules for BBC1 are quite often unusable, is it possible to set a manual recording starting at a particular time for a specified length?

0 Kudos
Morad_R
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC1 recordings / schedule unreliable

Hi , 

if you look in the settings, there should be some options you can play around to make sure it will still record if a show over runs if I’m not mistaken. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
jg666
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I’ve not seen any such settings. There is a setting where you can set live recordings to extend if they overrun but nothing about the current problems I have with BBC 1 listings which are quite often incorrect due to previous programs overrunning. You can only add a few minutes padding to the end of the normal recordings as well and I’ve had a few recordings which are missing half an hour or more.

0 Kudos
Morad_R
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Isn’t that what your issue is ? If it starts late then it would over run and in that setting , the run over bit would be recorded. Correct me if I’m mistaken. 

thanks 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Nicky_t66
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

go to my shows then in to what you what to record then more options and modify this series link you can change the recording to start 10min early and stop recording 3 hours longer  hope that helps.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes - the "manual recording" is the last option in "My Shows and Recordings" and you select the channel and time slot.

@jg666 wrote:

As the schedules for BBC1 are quite often unusable, is it possible to set a manual recording starting at a particular time for a specified length?

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
jg666
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies everyone. Hopefully there should be something here to help me get round the schedule problems 🙂
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You can also add padding automatically to all recordings, and/or series links.

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jg666
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes I've already got the maximum padding added but with the latest schedule messups it was nowhere near long enough 🙂
0 Kudos
TonyNew983
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It is correct today - what time does tivo refresh BBC1 listings ?

0 Kudos