cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC1 HD unwatchable in SE1 London.

dave_bass5
Dialled in

Over the past few days we have noticed a glitch or two when watching HD channels from our V6 box.

Didnt think anything of it, but tonight for the past couple of hours BBC HD is randomly full off pixelation and freezing.

I’ve not watched any other channel tonight, so cant comment if its across all channels, but its very annoying. 

Tried to automated service checked, but apparently my V6 box cant be connected. No issues reported in my area. 

Ive checked all the cables and connections and everything is tight enough. Wiggling the cables doesn’t produce any disturbance.

Can someone please look in to this and see if there is an issue with the box please?

Dave.

13 REPLIES 13

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dave_bass

Thank you for your posts and our apologies for any issues you have been experiencing with the service. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see you have spoken with the team since your last post to the thread. 

How are things now please? Have you seen any improvements? 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi Natalie.

Thanks for the message. Yes, we had an engineer out yesterday, and he said the signal level was too high going in to the V6. He took a booster off the line that was there (for months without an issue). 

For some reason the issue was only ever there in the evenings, and i was out last night so didn't get a chance to test ti properly. Ill update this evening.

On a slightly related note, he left me with a very short cable that is so tight ive had to move the modem. Its just a 6’’ RF to Coax cable. Is it possible to get a longer one sent to me? I know i can buy one off Amazon, but id rather not have to pay for one. 

Hi @dave_bass5

Thank you so much for your update and I'm glad to hear the engineer was able to come. How are things looking now its been a few days since your last post? 

We do not have longer coaxial cables available to send out I'm afraid, so sorry about that. 

Thank you. 

Thanks for the reply. Ive spoken to an engineer  and he will drop one off to me at some point. Its not urgent. 

Other than that, all working well again.