cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC1 HD unwatchable in SE1 London.

dave_bass5
Dialled in

Over the past few days we have noticed a glitch or two when watching HD channels from our V6 box.

Didnt think anything of it, but tonight for the past couple of hours BBC HD is randomly full off pixelation and freezing.

I’ve not watched any other channel tonight, so cant comment if its across all channels, but its very annoying. 

Tried to automated service checked, but apparently my V6 box cant be connected. No issues reported in my area. 

Ive checked all the cables and connections and everything is tight enough. Wiggling the cables doesn’t produce any disturbance.

Can someone please look in to this and see if there is an issue with the box please?

Dave.

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061 - this doesn't do any checks of your equipment, so I think you've tried another test somewhere. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dave_bass5

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the pixellation issues you are experiencing when watching BBC HD, I'm sorry to hear your picture has been freezing. I've checked our systems and there are currently no signal faults affecting your service and no issues detected for your V6 box.

How are things working for you now since you made the post? Is the issue still occurring?

Kind regards,

Serena

Thanks Serena, its been a while. 

Its not as regular as it was when I posted, but still getting ‘glitches’ on iTV HD and BBC1 HD (at least) once or twice an hour. 

Dave. 

Its now every couple of mins at the moment. Watching BBC2 HD. 

Unwatchable on all TV channels at the moment. 

You may be best calling VM faults and asking them to check your levels while the issue is happening.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Thanks, 

i did start to call them, and while i was on hold they sent me a link to do yet another test. This one reported an intermittent signal, and asked me to come back in 24 hours. So I guess ill be using my Apple TV for live tv for the next 24 hours at least. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dave_bass5 wrote:

i did start to call them, and while i was on hold they sent me a link to do yet another test.

Did you speak to an agent, or use the automated facility? Sending links sounds horribly like the automated system to me.

In which case - once you've chosen the "I have a fault" option, don't press any further options and just wait. An agent should answer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah, it was automated. I felt that if VM can see or know there is an intermittent fault then hopefully its not inside the property and i wont have to take a day off work for an engineer. Of course that might be a skewed way of looking at it, but ill give them a chance first. 

So far ive posted when its happening, but as you can see, its not constant. Ill give them a proper call tomorrow evening if its still happening.