Menu
Mwells66
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

BBC hd sound

Crackling noise happening randomly on BBC one hd for two days, anyone else experiencing this?
0 Kudos
pocketmoon
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC hd sound

Me too. Kind of a crackly distortion in the high frequencies.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Would help if you said where you are as there are four different versions of BBC1HD.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
blackbobby
Just joined
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am having the same issue. It is only bbc 1 hd and I am in Edinburgh.

Mwells66
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Central Scotland, but I've just found another post with same issues happening in various English areas.
Mwells66
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Update, after putting everything on I switched off the V6 and put it back on, sound issue resolved. It still happens every now and then.
0 Kudos
Alasdairmac
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue from BBC1 HD. I stay in Glasgow. I have had the problem for at least a couple of months. It is particularly obvious during Match of the Day on a Saturday and Sunday evening. I have a surround sound system and it manifests itself as a kind of static interference through my two rear speakers. I use the V6 box.

Has anyone from Virgin Media investigated this problem? If there are many users experiencing this issue then it must be something to do with the cable feed.

jofo41
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I keep getting a crackling noise on the sound on BBC 1 HD and then the sound decreases. It’s really annoying. I’m in Lincolnshire. First noticed during Casualty on Saturday and then again tonight during 2nd part of Silent Witness
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alasdairmac,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the sound on BBC HD.

Are you using any surround sound equipment connected to the box? Have you noticed sound break-up on any other channels? Does it affect all programs on BBC HD?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Alasdairmac
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I use an Onkyo surround sound AV Receiver with a Gallo set of speakers and sub woofer. As far as I am aware, there is no issue with this equipment as it works impeccably with all other channels and Blu Ray discs. The only station that gives me trouble is BBC 1 HD (although I believe I may also have experienced the same issue when watching Match of the Day on BBC2 HD on a Sunday evening). However, it is not every broadcast on BBC 1 HD which generates the problem. It is usually only Match of the Day on a Saturday evening although we did experience the problem quite badly when BBC 1 HD broadcast the Avengers movie "Age of Ultron" over the Christmas period. Otherwise, everything usually works fine.

While we are in communication about this, can I raise another issue which has only recently started over the past few weeks? Using either my V6 box in the living room or my Tivo box in the kitchen, sometimes when we change channel we are presented with a blank screen (with sound) and the only way to fix it is to go back to the previous channel and then change channel again - this usually rectifies the problem. As I say, this has only recently started but is getting more frequent.

Any assistance you can provide would be very welcome.

Regards,

Alasdair

0 Kudos