cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC channels pixelating badly

andythebassman
Tuning in

Following the tv outage last week, we have been experiencing some issues.

All BBC channels are pixellating badly enough as to render them unwatchable. Thenproblem is intermittent and seems wprse in the evenings. This is both on HD and SD versions of each channel. ITV, CH4, Sky, BT etc are all working fine.

The issue is only affecting one of our boxes. The other is working fine. I've done the usual power off/reset to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

If you have multiple boxes in your home, try swapping them around. If the fault follows the move, you know the issue is with the box. If the problem remains, then the issue is with your internal cabling.

Once you know where the fault lies, then you'll need to report your problem - ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

ozsat
Superstar

Sounds like you need a visit and quickest way to arrange is to call 150.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

If you have multiple boxes in your home, try swapping them around. If the fault follows the move, you know the issue is with the box. If the problem remains, then the issue is with your internal cabling.

Once you know where the fault lies, then you'll need to report your problem - ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Andy,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you are facing issues with all BBC channels pixelating, please can you check that the cabling connected to the Virgin Media socket on the wall is secure and finger tight, including any splitters (if applicable).
Also at the back of the Virgin TV box there may be a 6 inch long white connector cable, please ensure the cabling is secure here too and finger tight and that the connector cable is secure in the back of the Virgin TV box.
Also please check if the cabling is connected tightly on all other Virgin Media equipment in the property?

Regards.

Paul.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you identify specific channels that are affected?

Corey_C

Hi andythebassman,

How has the service been since your post? 

Cheers,

Corey C