cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Wales in Essex

georgina87
Just joined

Hi. 

I live on the London/Essex border. Recently, my channel 101 has randomly changed to BBC Wales so I am not receiving the correct local programming. 

Could someone tell me how I can change channel 101 to BBC London again?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @georgina87 

I'm not sure why this is happening, but you can also find BBC One London HD on channel 861.

I live in the North East and on Monday BBC One breakfast the local news switched from what should have been for NE to London, this was due to a fire alarm going off. So it's possible there was a problem at the time.

You may also be temporarily switched to a different region if there is any maintenance work such as

/bbc-one-regional-news-service-cancelled-due-to-maintenance/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are two possibilities here:

1) If you are getting BBC1 Wales as a live channel by selecting 101, then there is an NIT fault with the box getting the wrong region config. This would need to be done by VM & is a possible box replacement.

2) Recordings only (especially from Series links or Suggestions) are being taken from BBC1 Wales. This happens if the recordings are set as “All channels” instead of a specific channel being set (101). In this case the Series links need editing to the specific channel required.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And if it's scenario 2, then this is a symptom of the V6's "all channels" facility for series links where the BBC regions are concerned.

For the benefit of picking up available recordings of the programme on any channel, the cost is that BBC1 showings will usually be from the region with the highest-number EPG position.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Georgina87, thank you for reaching out on our help forum and a warm welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear of the recent issue you've faced with the BBC London channel being replaced by BBC Wales, we'd love to best assist you.
Firstly, please have a look here Virgin TV Channel guide | Virgin Media under Local Channels to find all BBC local channels available and their programme numbers.
If BBC London does not come up on any of the suggested channels, you may try rebooting your TV box and see if this fixes the issue.

Also, we'd like to ask if any of the advice and info provided by our insightful forum members above has helped with this problem?
Let us know where you are with this since your last post on Wednesday, we're here to help where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs