cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Red button changing streams

stjamespark
On our wavelength

I am using the red button to watch World Snooker. It works fine to select the game I want.

Is there a way to change to the other game without going back to home and starting all over again with a new red button selection?

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pressing "back" within the iPlayer app should return you to the app home-screen, where you can select the alternate stream you want.

You shouldn't need to exit the app to change programmes/streams.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is also another option.

If you have one game being shown on a channel (say BBC2HD on 102) and the other shown on Red Button, this stream is also carried on channel 991 for most of the time. Thanks to the new BBC distribution arrangements VM is currently the only TV platform to have the broadcast version of Red Button in HD. Simply go to 991 from 102 & then use the "last channel" button to switch between the two.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And on a V6 you can go one better (this won't work on either TiVo or 360)

Press "info" and scroll to the bottom panel for a status on the 5 recording tuners other than the one you're using - all 6 give you an hour's buffer.

Select one that you're not using, then change to 991 (or whatever), this makes sure the previous tuner still buffers on the original channel which doesn't always happen with a normal channel change. You can juggle all 6 tuners in this way.