cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio

randombeats
On our wavelength

Hi has anyone managed to get digital audio from there xbox series x or virgin V6 box from your tv's optical port to an av receiver I've recently bought the Samsung AU9000 just wondering if anyone's had experience if there TV will pass through DTS from there xbox series x from the tvs optical port to the receiver?
I've seen people use HDMI audio extractors

I'm looking at some point to get an atmos system

8 REPLIES 8

ozsat
Superstar

I don't think the spec for the optical output is good enough to support Atmos and some tvs will not passthru 5.1 from HDMI to the optical output.

@randombeats wrote:

Hi has anyone managed to get digital audio from there xbox series x or virgin V6 box from your tv's optical port to an av receiver I've recently bought the Samsung AU9000 just wondering if anyone's had experience if there TV will pass through DTS from there xbox series x from the tvs optical port to the receiver?
I've seen people use HDMI audio extractors

I'm looking at some point to get an atmos system

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Which AV receiver do you have? Unless it predates HDMI you connect all devices to the AVR which in turns connects to the TV, with all cables being HDMI. If your AVR is old the best thing is to upgrade it as this will be the only way to get compliance with HDCP 2.2, high quality audio, HDR and other features.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi I have a Yamaha RX-V359 which only has optical in and spdif 

Think it might be time to upgrade 

Your Yamaha must have been released 15 years ago and is not able to provide the features you want.

--

Yes I'm gonna invest in a new one I think lol will shop around the deals 

You might get a Black Friday deal, there's quite a number available now.

As for your new AVR: look for wide support of standards and future-proofing as much as possible. My Marantz NR1711 has six HDMI inputs which support all HDR formats (Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10 and HDR10+), 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, 21:9 video, BT.2020 pass-through and current HDCP 2.3 copy-protection standard. There's also a dedicated 8K HDMI input. It's slimline as well.

--

I've been looking at this soundbar dies anyone have it? Is it any good it's to pair with a series x & Samsung AU9000 Tv 

The samsung HW-Q700A which supports dolby atmos and I can add wireless surround speakers at a later date  

https://www.samsung.com/uk/audio-devices/soundbar/q700a-black-hw-q700a-xu/ 

I've only got a budget of up to £400