cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio out of sync

mjharper
Tuning in

I've been a virginmedia customer for 3/4 years and had this problem initially then it went away for no apparent reason.

It's back with vengeance though I haven't changed any hardware or how I use the TV. I have to restart the box every night if I want the audio back in sync. It's extremely annoying and the only reason I'll consider leaving when my contact is up next.

I've tried "Dolby to PCM" various times and it makes zero difference. (It will be out of sync again by the next evening) The hdmi is plugged in to an ARC slot (whatever that means)

It would be annoying but less of an inconvenience if the box didn't take an age to restart ☹️

Any other tips welcome, the TV is a Panasonic

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this happening on live TV? Any specific channel(s)?

Or OnDemand?

Do you have any optical connections via A/V kit, or just the HDMI to your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

No optical, just HDMI

I can't pin point a specific channel, we do switch between regular channels and iPlayer often and it can happen on either. I did wonder if this confused the box somehow.

Cheers

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mjharper,

Thank you for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome back to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're having some issues with your audio synchronization.

Would you be able to try an alternative HDMI cable? This will help us to rule out the cable as a potential cause of the issue.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just a thought, but does logging out of iPlayer and other apps help cure the  sound sync problems?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

By logging out do you mean simply switching back to regular virgin tv channels? If so then the audio sync issue persists - I can't be sure if regular tv channels cause it or apps but it might be worth trying regular tv only for a day or two to see if the problem doesn't start

Cheers

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Definitely worth narrowing down whether the problem is source-specific.

OnDemand, streaming, recordings & live TV are all different sources.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks