cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio description comes on automatically on Ch4+1 (Tivo and now V6)

martyp
Superfast

Hi all,

I reported this issue on my old 500GB TiVo box and now the same thing has started happening on my V6 box I have that replaced it. I have Channel 4+1 on in the morning and when a certain programme would come on it would automatically turn on Audio Description yet I have never needed it or knowingly set it.

It wasn't on during Countdown (07:05-07:45) but came on for The Big Bang Theory (started at 07:45). I had the TV paused as well for about 20 minutes as well.

I can turn it off in Info each time but it's annoying as to why it is suddenly switching on like this. Could it be related to the recent issues with Channel 4? I can't say if it happens with other channels as only watch this one in the mornings.

30 REPLIES 30

Hey martyp,

Thank you for your patience, I still haven't been able to find out anything as this doesn't seem to be a known issue, are you still facing the same issue?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the follow up. Strangely it seems to be fixed this morning. May have been an unusual side effect of whatever happened yesterday?

Hi @martyp  thanks for getting back to us.

Thanks for confirming your audio description issue appears to have been resolved.  How are things going at this time?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

Sorry, spoke too soon. I just switched over to Channel 4+1 and audio description was on again. I was watching channel 4 and a recording before that and it wasn't on channel 4.

Really not sure why it's just on channel 4+1 and keeps coming back on despite me turning it off.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @martyp

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Is the issue still ongoing today?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

It was back on again this morning I'm afraid.

Thanks for your reply, martyp,

Sorry to hear this is ongoing. If it's still happening, can you try a box reset? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box

Let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey,

I went to Channel 4+1 and AD was on so did the reset and it was still on. So I went to info and selected to turn it off and checked it has gone off. I did another reset and it was back on again.

Hi @martyp, can you please confirm if this is still on going?

Can you also confirm if this is duplicated on recordings on Channel 4+1?

Have you noticed this happening on any other channel at any other times?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

I recorded Big Bang Theory when audio description was on and then turned it off about 10 minutes into the programme. I played the programme again and audio description was off. 

I checked in info and it was off as well.

I recorded the 2nd episode as well after turning it off.

It happened again this morning, King of Queens was on in place of Countdown and that had audio recording enabled. It's on during Countdown as well but that programme doesn't support it. It comes on just on Channel 4+1 and returns after the box is put into standby and woken up again.