cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we getting free Paramount+ access if we have Sky Cinema?

escribblings
Up to speed

I have just recently read that ViacomCBS has done a deal with Sky.

SkyQ customers will be able to add Paramount+ to their subscription, and Sky Cinema subscribers will get it included for free.

Does this mean that Virgin Sky Cinema subscribers will also get it?

Also - whether it's included in our packages or not, will there be an official channel for it like there is for Netflix and Amazon Prime?

Also is there an app or channel for Disney+ ?

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/gadgets-tech/television/paramount-plus-uk-sky-b2073074...

"To help ferry Paramount Plus across the Atlantic, owner ViacomCBS is partnering with Sky Group in the UK, which means freebies for some Sky members. Sky Q customers will be able to add the new streaming service to their existing plan, and Sky Cinema customers will get Paramount Plus included for free."

#################################
# I do *not* work for VM - Just saying. #
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Although I don't know for sure judging by Sky's previous actions I'd say no

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Although I don't know for sure judging by Sky's previous actions I'd say no

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@escribblings wrote:

Also - whether it's included in our packages or not, will there be an official channel for it like there is for Netflix and Amazon Prime?

I'd only add that the "official channel" you mention for Netflix & Prime, is just a red-button placeholder for the streaming app.

By definition, streaming services are not linear broadcast channels.

Have to agree, I would be *very* surprised if Sky Movie viewers on VMO2 were offered any such option.

--

RayW2

@japitts wrote:

@escribblings wrote:

I'd only add that the "official channel" you mention for Netflix & Prime, is just a red-button placeholder for the streaming app.

By definition, streaming services are not linear broadcast channels.

Indeed, but it is very handy being able to select it from the EPG rather than having to switch TV input toa separate streaming device or load a smart TV app

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Or follow Home > Apps & Games > All Apps/My Favourite Apps

I’m guessing we won’t get it as Virgin seem unable to negotiate top tier Sky channels for VM customers which will make it increasingly likely with the current uplift in Virgin prices recently that I will have to walk

No Sky Atlantic ( HBO )

No Paramount Plus UK

I can get whatever's missing from my V6, such as Disney+ and Sky Atlantic from my Fire TV Stick 4K. Also Paramount+ will launch as an Amazon Prime Video Channel later this month.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Interesting.

But will that require an extra subscription fee?  

I know you can put the apps on a Firestick, but you still need the account to go with it!

You always have to subscribe to these services from the big boys.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection