cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps turning screen black

Loosecanons
Superfast

Hi,

More and more recently I am experiencing a black unresponsive screen when loading apps such as Netflix or YouTube. I often have to reboot the V6.

My Roku works fine. I wondered what the cause might be.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Hi

The engineer came yesterday.  He checked the broadband whick is OK but as was suspected  by other  members I have a problem with a poor TV signal causing  the pixellation. 

A network  engineer will need to take a look which I will book. Bad timing as I'm working from home and I have children taking University  exams so really cannot lose broadband right now.

Do you know whether this  would cause my router to lose WiFi? 

We lost it tonight and the WiFi light was flashing before it came online again

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin supply your home with a broadband connection. Your router converts that broadband into Ethernet & WiFi connections which your devices connect to.

This section of the board covers TV issues, and there's a separate board here where WiFi issues can be explored in much more detail. In short though - if your broadband connection fails for whatever reason, then that will affect all onward connections.

I'd strongly recommend spending 10 minutes setting up a free BQM which monitors your broadband line 24/7 and will assist in identifying connection issues and also telling them apart from WiFi router problems.

Feel free to drop a post in the WiFi board if you want to discuss those issues in more detail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks