cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know remote code for LG TVs?

idkwia
Up to speed

I want to programme the VM remote to operate my KG TV. I looked up the codes on this VM website and whilst many TVs are listed, LG is not listed at all. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

idkwia,

This is the process:

image.png

Now I've got home I've also checked the code that works on both my (different aged) LG TV's:  0011

Yours may need one of the others listed above though.

Keith

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi idkwia,

You could try the following codes from the Remote Code List.pdf 

lg.jpg

You could also try the instructions from tv-remote/not-working-v6 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi idkwia,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Did you managed to get the correct code to pair your remote to your TV?

Our member @newapollo gave the best help.

The only other link which may help is here

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hello Jodi

Thanks for getting involved.

No, unfortunately the other answer did not solve my problem, so I don't think you should mark it as an answer. Goldman had their name changed to LG many years years ago and so those codes are no longer relevant but I am grateful for the effort by the person who offered the suggestion.

I have a V6 box and looking at the link you provided it implies that I can only tune my VM remote to a 360 box. How can I get a new 360 box?

I have managed to tune my TV's remote to the VM box but it doesn't operate all of the functions. It is a shame that there is no VM box code to tune TV remotes to properly. Maybe this is something that VM can introduce because a Smart TV has all sorts of functions that can only be operated by using its own remote. I am certain that everyone would rather have 1 remote rather than 2 or more.

Hi idkwia,

Have you tried the LG/Goldstar codes?

Yes, they changed their name a long time ago, but those codes are relevant and work on both of my LG TV's (I can't remember which of the codes it is though).

Keith

Thanks for your help Keithse, but I now cannot find the instructions on how to enter the error codes into the remote, can you advise please?

Hi @idkwia

I'd suggest trying the steps here let me know how you get on with this 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Travis_M that might be useful but I do not know how to put the VM remote into accepting a new code mode, can you help?

idkwia,

This is the process:

image.png

Now I've got home I've also checked the code that works on both my (different aged) LG TV's:  0011

Yours may need one of the others listed above though.

Keith

Keithse

You sir, are a genius, it worked perfectly with code 0011, thank you so much.

May I ask you for the link to those instructions because I just couldn't find them on the VM site?

Moderators should make Keithse's the answer.