cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying intermittent Pixilated Pictures.

vantheman247
Tuning in

Good morning,

For some time I've been suffering from picture break up on some channels.

Most notably at evening and weekends but not limited to these times.

I have checked all connections, rebooted and left it powered down for some hours to no avail.

I talked to one of your engineers who was visiting a household a few doors down.

I explained what was happening and the time period's signal strength (99%).

He explained that the issues were most probably caused by the bandwidth of the connection from the cabinet and would need to a job raised for him to investigate, best way is via the community forum and not to call 150 as they can't fix it from their end. 

I can understand this as I have called and the person I talked to said they'd would fix it, needless to say they didn't. 

So please could you investigate,

Dave.

4 REPLIES 4

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi this will need an engineer visit to adjust the signal level between your box and the street cabinet, phone 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and go down the TV faults route.Regards Micky

vantheman247
Tuning in

Thanks for that Micky, 

I'll  give them a call later, but they didn't take a blind bit of notice of me last time.

But I'll try.

Dave. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@vantheman247 wrote:

He explained that the issues were most probably caused by the bandwidth of the connection from the cabinet and would need to a job raised for him to investigate, best way is via the community forum and not to call 150 as they can't fix it from their end.

I appreciate you're only passing on what you were told, but that is so sufficiently vague it could mean almost anything!

As for raising issues via the 150 route vs on here, staff do monitor these boards and should pickup issues - but it can take a couple of days in most circumstances.

In the case of "loss of service" faults, 150 is often quicker and simpler. With more complex issues, waiting on here can be ultimately easier.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @vantheman247.

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your TV services. 

How are things looking since your last post? Have you managed to arrange an engineer visit? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M