cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android box wont play

Daveyb2
Joining in

my android box loads the programme, updates the tv channels but wont play when connected to virgin but will when connected via my 4g router with a 3 sim, why is this?

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you using a Virgin Media set-top-TV box?

Or another device, and using VM as your broadband/data connection?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Daveyb2,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear there's an issuer with the service, are you able to confirm what japitts is asking?

Alex_Rm

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The OP may be based in Canada which unlike the UK has an app that runs on android TV and a few android boxes. 

https://www.virginplus.ca/en/tv/index.html 

Clipboard01.jpg

"Available to new Virgin Plus Members in Ontario, where access/technology permit. Subject to change without notice; not combinable with other offers. Taxes extra. Pricing is based on continued subscription to a Virgin Plus unlimited Internet package with speeds of up to 25 Mbps and the Virgin Plus TV package.

TV requires subscription to an eligible Internet plan from Virgin Plus with unlimited usage and speeds of 15 Mbps or higher. TV is available with select compatible devices. Requires Mobile network or Wi-Fi connection. More channels/content are available over Wi-Fi at your home with a Virgin Plus Internet connection vs. outside your home. Mobile data charges may apply. Channels/content subject to change without notice and blackout periods may apply. Viewing live content with Google Chromecast, Apple TV (4th gen. or 4K box), Amazon Fire TV (basic edition or higher) or Android TV "

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali