cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

charlieannear
On our wavelength

I’ve logged in to my Amazon Prime account, and can see the menu screens, but whenever I select a show to watch, all I get is the spinning wheel for a second or two and then a black screen. Nothing comes up no matter how long I wait, and if I press stop it goes back to the menu screen no problem.

V6 box seems to be working OK otherwise, Netflix works OK (although some programs won’t work, in a similar fashion, but at least I get an error message with those!)

262 REPLIES 262

Hi Louis

I can select a show--- then black screen--- It is consistent with others' forum posts on this matter- I have tried to follow other steps suggested in the threads- but nothing!

RG7
Joining in

I do have the same problem as everyone else. Black screen when I select a title, and also I cannot watch the channels I have payed for through prime which is a bit frustrating. 

Same thing started happening to me yesterday - could select a programme but then just got a black screen. Had never happened before. Fortunately restarting the V6 box seems to have solved it. Will see if it recurs.

HI satkinson_uk.

Can you try this on the box for me;

Home, Settings, Help and Settings, Network, Connect to the Virgin Media Network now.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Neilvr
Joining in

I am having the same issue. Netflix and YouTube works. Black screen when trying to watch a show on Prime, however I am able to watch the show’s trailer. 

I have tried the resetting option and the connect to Virgin services menu option but still not working.

Anyone have any ideas

The only comment I’ll make, is I’m assuming the black screen is just after rebooting? Also bear in mind it does take a little while to load prime, well it does on my v6 box anyways.

my prime is doing exactly the same thing, loading circle, then black screen 

dan316
Joining in

same issue for me, just a qucik spin of the buffer wheel and then plain black screen! i've tried all options and still nothing!

HELP!!

AFCCFC
Joining in

Exact same issue as described by other users.

Suggested fixes not working.

Clearly a wide spread issue.

Can a VM representative confirm what is being done to remediate and advise the correct action to remediate.

Hi there,

We're aware of an issue where some customers are experiencing difficulty viewing Amazon Prime content on V6. This often results in the customer seeing a black screen.

We have raised this matter with the relevant teams and a ticket has been opened whilst it's work on. The ticket number is: NKE013410. There is currently no estimated fix time.

In the meantime, you may find a work around for the issue following these steps:

-Replace the HDMI lead with a new high speed one. 

-Bypass any receivers or stereo equipment by connecting your device directly to the TV

Failing this, change the video resolution on the V6 box, following these steps in turn until you find one that resolves the issue.

1) if 2160p (only) is enabled, also enable 2160p passthrough, then retry Amazon Prime Video

2) Disable both 2160p resolutions, and enable both 1080p resolutions, then retry

3) Disable both 1080p resolutions, and enable 1080i, then retry

4) Disable 1080i and enable 720p, then retry

5) Disable 720p and enable 576p, then retry

6) Disable 576p and enable 576i, then retry.

If none of these steps work, revert the resolution to the original setting.  Do not enable all resolutions at the same time.

-Use a different TV if possible

I hope this helps,

Michael_JK
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules