Menu
daveoc
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

I've got a V6 box in the bedroom and downstairs. I started using the Prime app downstairs from day one and up to yesterday it was fine, but from yesterday I'm just getting the spinning wheel and then a message saying to check Amazon/Video playback for help. The V6 box in the bedroom is playing Prime as normal as are the app on my blu ray player and on the tv. So, what is going on and how do I/Virgin resolve it as this seems to be a developing problem.

PS I've rebooted the downstairs V6 box while writing this but I've checked and it's made no difference, still not loading and giving the same error message

0 Kudos
daveoc
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I've just tried logging out of the App, turning the box off and on and then relogging into Prime but it's made no difference.

Feena
Joining in
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I've reported the fault, they said they'll get back to me within 72 hours. I'll post the result. 

0 Kudos
thesh8pe
Joining in
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same problem. Works great in my phone and tablet but nothing plays on the prime app on the V6

0 Kudos
justain
Joining in
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem. Thanks to a google search I found the solution someone else posted on a blog site which worked.  In the video settings on the box there is an option to change from the auto option. The blogger suggested selecting all of the options that are available and not just the one that is detected. I did this and tried both Netflix and Prime Video again and now have sound. 

0 Kudos
Feena
Joining in
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I tried that and nothing changed. I have got Prime back tonight though. I've been checking every day and it still wasn't working. I was watching YouTube earlier, it froze and the box rebooted. I checked Prime on the off chance and it's there! Smiley LOL

0 Kudos