cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

charlieannear
On our wavelength

I’ve logged in to my Amazon Prime account, and can see the menu screens, but whenever I select a show to watch, all I get is the spinning wheel for a second or two and then a black screen. Nothing comes up no matter how long I wait, and if I press stop it goes back to the menu screen no problem.

V6 box seems to be working OK otherwise, Netflix works OK (although some programs won’t work, in a similar fashion, but at least I get an error message with those!)

262 REPLIES 262

So is the "solution" to drop resolution to 1080? That doesn't seem great given how much 4k content there is on Prime these days, plus lose 4k channels? 

until prime fix it yeah pal

RomseyRambler
Up to speed

Glad there is a topic on this.  Watched Prime video without any issues on Sunday.  Came to carry on the show last night and just got spinning wheel and then a black screen.  V6 is direct connected to the hub via ethernet.  BBC Iplayer, You Tube etc all works ok on the V6 but Prime is just not responding.  I tried another movie (strange it allows you to select the film!) and same again it has a spinning wheel and then black screen. 

Same problem as everyone else describes

Hi Gary12345, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Have you tried all of the advice given in the thread? 

Can you advise what you have tried or what error you're getting exactly? 

Emma_C - Forum Team

This problem started happening to me yesterday. Fine before that. Given that some reported the same issue in 2019....is there still no fix? Think I know what the answer will be but in hope rather than expectation I ask the question.

It hasn’t been resolved!! And yet customers get asked the same question over and over again - opening the APP or streaming content? So many reports and yet nada. Please VM just take responsibility, own the problem, fix it and communicate the solution. Frankly I’m surprised Amazon Prime aren’t kicking you for potential negative impact on their brand/service.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Flowers100, please let me take a look from our end to see if we can help further.

I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom

andymw
Tuning in

OK, I had the same issues so decided to try the recommended fix which worked:

* I went in to video output settings and for some reason the V6 box was saying 2160p modes were not supported

* I then got the V6 box to test all video modes and they all showed up as supported after that

* I selected just the two 2160p modes

Now Amazon Prime works just fine

Sorry to hear you're still having the issues with Amazon Prime Flowers100

Can I ask if you've attempted the resolution @andymw has offered?

Regards

Lee_R