cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

charlieannear
On our wavelength

I’ve logged in to my Amazon Prime account, and can see the menu screens, but whenever I select a show to watch, all I get is the spinning wheel for a second or two and then a black screen. Nothing comes up no matter how long I wait, and if I press stop it goes back to the menu screen no problem.

V6 box seems to be working OK otherwise, Netflix works OK (although some programs won’t work, in a similar fashion, but at least I get an error message with those!)

262 REPLIES 262

PCraig
Joining in

My Amazon prime was working on the new v6 box last weekend, then this week either hasn't worked or I've had to reboot several times to get it to work

Well, Amazon has been working perfectly since the last time I posted for me.

It's all very strange, as I said mine is random intermittent and happens perhaps once a week or this week not at all.   

So many on here have made suggestions and it seems that other posters have done what was advised and it made no difference.    Cables, rebooting, new boxes and changing video output none of these solve the problem. Others have no problems using the stand-alone app on their smart TV, or Bluetooth or Xbox.   This makes it clear it is a Virgin problem.  With the Disney app coming they really need to get this problem sorted, if it is wifi then why no problems with Netflix which was the first app Virgin added?

😊1993 Scotcable ,United Artists ,Telewest,Virgin .

Hi Michael,

I was wondering if there has been a fix for this. Tried your steps above and it doesn't seem to have helped.

Hi there,

The issue occurred to me about 25 minutes ago and I tried a load of times with no luck. I was trying to watch New Girl on Prime and continued to persist in watching anything, the only solution was to switch it off the box which finished. Has there been any solution?

andymw
Tuning in

The only reliable solution I have found is to go into video output settings and get the box to re-scan the available settings and then make sure only the top ones that are supported by the TV are selected (in my case 2160p, 2160p pass-through and 1080i).  This has been 100% reliable in terms of getting it working and takes a couple of minutes to complete (much less time than switching off the box).

A few pages back people told to re-scan their video output up to 2161p but my TV does not support above the 108i anyway and it did not work for others.

As I said last week mine is now working perfectly again without my doing anything apart from re-scanning the video link and just letting it settle on the one my TV worked with.

None of these steps worked, has anyone resolved the issues?

This issue will not go away until virgin sort it out! It’s not good enough to suggest reducing the resolution or reboot reset your box every time you use it! Amazon prime works absolutely perfect on other devices connected to my Tv all of which go through an av amp 4K without issues amp in on pass through and the res is 2160 on all other devices and only have a problem with v6 box and it does not make a difference which cable is connected even though they are all high speed hdmi cables. Help in this issue is non existent only platitudes and stupid suggestions! Get a grip virgin and sort it out your making yourselves look incompetent!!

SunnyP9999
Tuning in

I’ve got the same problem.

Tried everything that everyone has suggested but just a blank screen.  What’s the point of having a channel if it does not work.