cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

charlieannear
On our wavelength

I’ve logged in to my Amazon Prime account, and can see the menu screens, but whenever I select a show to watch, all I get is the spinning wheel for a second or two and then a black screen. Nothing comes up no matter how long I wait, and if I press stop it goes back to the menu screen no problem.

V6 box seems to be working OK otherwise, Netflix works OK (although some programs won’t work, in a similar fashion, but at least I get an error message with those!)

262 REPLIES 262

Sorry, but my hub is on the other side of the room to the TV V6 box and at least 10 feet perhaps away.  No way am I running an ethernet cable up the middle of the room.   I have quite a few movies stored on my box and I do not want to lose them.

So why is this only happening with Amazon, not Netflix?  You would think if it would happen with both no just one.  I am saying a Virgin problem.

I am having similar problems, the Amazon App is flakey on the V6 box. It works 100% on iPad, mac, smart TV, but not on the v6 box. Yesterday it wouldn't load at all, today it loaded then re-boot the box. Netflix runs all the time. Virgin problem I would say

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@delilah wrote:

Sorry, but my hub is on the other side of the room to the TV V6 box and at least 10 feet perhaps away.  No way am I running an ethernet cable up the middle of the room.   I have quite a few movies stored on my box and I do not want to lose them.

Long runs of "flat" Cat6 ethernet cable are cheap and easy to hide between carpets and skirting board it will improve performance.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

if you have a smart tv use the prime app with that ,this is why i recently invested in one so i didnt have to be involved in virgins clusterfukc system and im a 27 year customer ,pointless complaining but cable not all bad.my prime works fine on smart tv when i cant access it on virgin,go figure .

But I don't think that will do anything reading the other poster who did connect the ethernet cable.

Also, why does every other service work fine, Netflix, youtube, IPlayer etc?  That makes me think that it is nothing to do with the wifi.   I actually read about this problem on another online forum so quite a few people do seem to be having this problem with Amazon and some with Netflix too.  That was why I came here to see if there was a thread about it.

Unfortunately, I have no outside ariel so only via cable.

I can watch no problems on my laptop strangely which must mean not caused by wifi

Yup, we actually use the Prime app on the Bluray player and it's fine (supports 4k streams no problem despite being a wifi connection.)

Annoying thing is, it used to work and stopped. The whole idea of having Prime and Netflix through the set top box was to allow you to search in one place and simply click through rather than having to check each platform individually (say if you suddenly wanted to watch a particular film and wanted to save searching Sky moves, Netflix and Amazon individually.)

It's pitched as a great feature, but when you can search on the V6, but then have to launch on an entirely different device, it renders it somewhat pointless.

Thought we were old hands as 22 year customers kirk1690, but you're a true veteran!

Well I can beat Kirk's 27 year's as a Customer, I've been a Customer for 34 year's, starting with Cable & Wireless, followed by the Nynex takeover then Virgin Media, but I'm beginning to have doubts with this service with the Prime issue along with the occasional loss of sound on any channel. I'm on my second V6 box and it's still happening. 

andymw
Tuning in

FWIW and in case it helps anyone else or VirginMedia:

I had the same problems with Amazon Prime over a number of weeks recently.  On looking at the video output settings I noticed that the V6 box had decided that my TV no longer supported 2160p.  The solution that now seems to have worked was:

1) tell the V6 box to re-scan all video output resolutions

2) then selected and saved ONLY 2160p, 2160p pass-through and 1080i

This appears to be an issue either with the way the V6 box determines what video resolutions are supported/to use and/or the way it reports back those resolutions to the Amazon Prime app.

My configuration is:

V6 box (connected to internet via TPlink powerline adapter)

Video/Audio out via HDMI to Yamaha RX-A860

Yamaha video/audio out to LG OLED65B7V using ARC for audio return channel to amp

Power-on sequence controlled by Harmony remote control (power on V6 box, 2 second delay, power on TV, select TV HDMI input, power on RX A860, wait one second, change channel on V6 to 108)

Hi, I tried that and no way will mine with is HD Ready go about the 720 - 1080