cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

charlieannear
On our wavelength

I’ve logged in to my Amazon Prime account, and can see the menu screens, but whenever I select a show to watch, all I get is the spinning wheel for a second or two and then a black screen. Nothing comes up no matter how long I wait, and if I press stop it goes back to the menu screen no problem.

V6 box seems to be working OK otherwise, Netflix works OK (although some programs won’t work, in a similar fashion, but at least I get an error message with those!)

262 REPLIES 262

@delilah wrote:

Thank you.

But mine will not go above 1080 but seems to stay at 720p which it says is the prefered one for my TV.

A Panasonic Smart TV about 3 or 4 years old

What's the model? If it's an HD Ready TV it will most likely support only 720p, so you need a full HD TV to get 1080p.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Pauldewey
Joining in

I have tried all your suggestions and they don't work. Changed all resolutions. Changed cable. 

Worked fine last week. 

The only way I can get it to work is to reboot the box Everytime.

Works on the smart TV app, fire stick and Xbox. Also 2 Amazon fires and Google phone. Nothing wrong with account

Please help!

Hi,  Trying to get behind the TV and see the model 🙄

So TX 32C S5-10B  is what it looks like and yes it is HD ready.

The weird part Netflix works perfectly and Amazon only started happening about maybe three weeks ago and then it is randomly perhaps once a week.

As I said with me the show starts playing then suddenly freezes the circles starts then I go straight to the Welcome screen for 5-10 minutes then moves to Starting Up once I get that it is only a few minutes until it goes to the HOME menu and then I just go back to 205 and start watching without a problem.

If it gets worse I will just have to drop Amazon on the TV!   I am not buying a new TV as mine is perfectly fine with everything else.

The fact this problem only started in February of this year for me what has changed as it seems I am not the only one and it has been going on since last year for others?

Judging from your posts I think you need a VM technician to come round to check signal levels and do a V6 swap if needed. Furthermore you should connect the V6 to the hub with an Ethernet cable.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

PortlandUK
On our wavelength

Still no joy here despite changing the output settings and hard booting yet again, plus swap of HDMI leads to one proven to work with 4K sources. Especially frustrating as when you report a fault, you get nowhere - last time I shouted it in, was told the fault number recorded on either this thread or one of the previous other ones didnt exist, when I complained, was told the complaints team couldn't access this board and my complaint was closed down without resolution. Please can we have some help with a resolution.

TV is a Panasonic 4K 3D. V6 box had no issues outputting the BBC trial 4K content through iplayer, and the 4k channels (BT sport uber) all output OK. The TV also has no problems with 4K outputs from the XBOne, and the 4K Bluray player (indeed, we now use the Prime app built into that) similarly no issue with the Netflix app built into the TV, 4k no problem. Firestick works fine, but is an old one without 4k support, so we tend not to use it and have moved to another TV which doean't have 4k support.

<edit - V6 box is connected by ethernet, so wifi speed not an issue.>

The hugely frustrating issue is that this used to work no problem and you could meta search using the V6 to find things on demand from Sky Cinema, Netflix and Prime, which was the whole point of having the apps in order to make your V6 box a one stop shop. Part way through last year, it just stopped working and never came back. Interface comes up through both app and channel, but when you select content, you get the spinner for a while and then the same old error. In our case, we also lost the ability to access Prime through our wifi for a period of time, though this came back after a while (may have been coincidence.) At the same time, our prime worked fine on wifi at other premises and through 4G signal.

Is there an open ticket investigating this issue? Given the number of threads and the size of this one, it's clearly affecting a lot of people. Have previously tried the fix to drop resolution all the way down to 576i (pretending we're in the last millenium) and that had no effect. In honesty, a "workaround" of dropping to such low resolution isn't really practical in my mind, especially given the emphasis on HD/4k content VM offer.

Basically this is an appeal for some help or even a fault ticket to quote, as this has been going on for approaching a year now.

PortlandUK
On our wavelength

Still no joy here despite changing the output settings and hard booting yet again, plus swap of HDMI leads to one proven to work with 4K sources. Especially frustrating as when you report a fault, you get nowhere - last time I shouted it in, was told the fault number recorded on either this thread or one of the previous other ones didnt exist, when I complained, was told the complaints team couldn't access this board and my complaint was closed down without resolution. Please can we have some help with a resolution.

TV is a Panasonic 4K 3D. V6 box had no issues outputting the BBC trial 4K content through iplayer, and the 4k channels (BT sport uber) all output OK. The TV also has no problems with 4K outputs from the XBOne, and the 4K Bluray player (indeed, we now use the Prime app built into that) similarly no issue with the Netflix app built into the TV, 4k no problem. Firestick works fine, but is an old one without 4k support, so we tend not to use it and have moved to another TV which doean't have 4k support. V6 is on ethernet connection, so wifi speed not an issue.

The hugely frustrating issue is that this used to work no problem and you could meta search using the V6 to find things on demand from Sky Cinema, Netflix and Prime, which was the whole point of having the apps in order to make your V6 box a one stop shop. Part way through last year, it just stopped working and never came back. Interface comes up through both app and channel, but when you select content, you get the spinner for a while and then the same old error. In our case, we also lost the ability to access Prime through our wifi for a period of time, though this came back after a while (may have been coincidence.) At the same time, our prime worked fine on wifi at other premises and through 4G signal.

Is there an open ticket investigating this issue? Given the number of threads and the size of this one, it's clearly affecting a lot of people. Have previously tried the fix to drop resolution all the way down to 576i (pretending we're in the last millenium) and that had no effect. In honesty, a "workaround" of dropping to such low resolution isn't really practical in my mind, especially given the emphasis on HD/4k content VM offer.

Basically this is an appeal for some help or even a fault ticket to quote, as this has been going on for approaching a year now. This may end up being a dupe, but previous post (basically this one) seems to not be appearing.

Sorry to state obvious but have you hard rebooted the V6? You say this started last year and has not worked since. Mine started two days ago and a hard reboot has fixed it.

Seeing as a lot of people are seeing the issue suggests that something has changed at VM end. With your's being down since last year I wonder if they are slowly rolling out some update that is causing this problem and I got mine two days ago. Only VM can answer that.

How do you do a hard reboot? Does it delete content?

I've turn it on and left for 10mins and turned it back on.

Thanks

No it doesn't delete content.
Switch it off with the remote and then either the little on/off switch on the back, or just pull the power, or switch off at the wall for 30 seconds and then power on again.

It will go through the starting up process ("Welcome" screen etc) which takes about 5 minutes or so.

PortlandUK
On our wavelength

Yup, full protracted power down tried several times to no avail (don't like hot swapping hdmi cables.) Haven't yet done factory reset as we have a couple of things recorded that are not available on any catchup service, sunscription, physical media etc.