cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

charlieannear
On our wavelength

I’ve logged in to my Amazon Prime account, and can see the menu screens, but whenever I select a show to watch, all I get is the spinning wheel for a second or two and then a black screen. Nothing comes up no matter how long I wait, and if I press stop it goes back to the menu screen no problem.

V6 box seems to be working OK otherwise, Netflix works OK (although some programs won’t work, in a similar fashion, but at least I get an error message with those!)

262 REPLIES 262

Thanks John, this isnt helpful. I have posted all this information, i have actually posted to this thread many times.. the original issue isnt likely to be fixed. more that some people just cant be bothered to complain anymore.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I hear what you say but note that Prime works perfectly well for me on my systems as it must do for ~%99 of the 5m subscribers (who actually have a Prime account) or the fora would be snowed under with complaints.
There are a number users on here who have the problem and so it seems there must be either something "in common" in the equipment/methodology they (you) are using that the rest of us aren't - or they are all for different reasons.
You seem convinced that you know what lays behind your issue....
"its clearly a memory leak or file handle leak"..
so in your opinion, why is that not affecting all users?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

For those who cannot get Prime Video from their V6, I suggest buying a Roku Express for HD (costs £24.99) or a Roku Premiere for 4K (£29.99), another option is the Amazon Fire TV Stick which I bought in September 2018 for £34.99 as the Roku couldn't handle live US Open tennis streaming. There is no point getting so fed up when alternatives are easily available.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I have been able to view trailers but nothing else.

As suggested by SteveSlade I have changed my video output from 2160 (the default after running the provided tests) to 1080 which seems to have solved the problem. That should be something for the Virgin Media engineers to investigate.

Presumably this means though that UltraHD and 4k content will not be displaying at maximum resolution.

Tycow
On our wavelength

Spoke too soon - less than a day and the issue returns. I'll try setting my output to 1080 to see if that helps, but given they can't even get the Netflix app to work consistently I'm not holding out much hope. 

Hi all,

Just letting you know I have updated the possible workaround steps in my post here

Best,

Michael_JK
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hazelallen
Tuning in

I have been using both Netflix & prime on my tv apps since they stopped working on the V6 box. However I have just checked today & the apps on V6 box are working again 

Scrap that. I can open both apps but they won’t play anything. Come on Virgin media fix this problem!

PortlandUK
On our wavelength

Any update on this at all?

We had the issue with V6 prime app stopping working months ago, despite being connected via ethernet.

Raised a complaint with complaints team as it wasn't dealt with, only to be told they can't access the community forum, didn't recognise the fault tickets quoted and closed the complaint advising me to contact CICAS!

Worst thing is, for most of these months, we weren't able to use Prime on the Firestick or Telly app and it seems like it had been blocked. Worked on phone or other wifi, just not in our house. This came back in the end, but it's crazy that this app still blackscreens.

Thanks for bringing this to out attention PortlandUK

Sorry to see thus has been going on for some time, if you're having issues with the apps on the TV, with Firestick as well as our box I'm curious to know if your Smart Tv may have a fault, is it possible to try a different TV to see if you can access the application via our set top box and the Firestick to see if that does the trick?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn