cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

charlieannear
On our wavelength

I’ve logged in to my Amazon Prime account, and can see the menu screens, but whenever I select a show to watch, all I get is the spinning wheel for a second or two and then a black screen. Nothing comes up no matter how long I wait, and if I press stop it goes back to the menu screen no problem.

V6 box seems to be working OK otherwise, Netflix works OK (although some programs won’t work, in a similar fashion, but at least I get an error message with those!)

262 REPLIES 262

Hi

i have the V6 box but only getting black screen when trying to watch football on amazon prime & same with Netflix

weeg
On our wavelength

hello mod team

yes i have an issue with prime not working on my tivo box

it just keeps going round and round and then restarts

my tv tells me to switch on the box ..... but its already on .

getting a bit fed up with it

my fire stick works fine .

have reset the box muliple times and yet no joy

Mr Smith

Same Amazon Prime issues for me too. Prime working on all other devices, won’t play anything on Virgin. 

please sort it out!!

Hi,

You tried rebooting your box? you can do that through the menu options. it usually fixes things for me

Drj_uk,

Have you actually read the previous posts, don't you think we have all tried that after being given instructions on how to do this and other solutions that have not worked.

Virgin have no idea of what the issue is and have, I assume, sat n the fence hoping it sorts itself out or trying to distance themselves from the issue by blaming Amazon.

Don't cal them as they tell you what to do via a prepared checklist they read out to you.

Tech support are also in the dark

Don't even think of getting a refund.

Buy a cheap cheap amazon fire stick stick and bypass the useless Virgin.

metalbum
On our wavelength

Dear djr_uk

Am I to understand that you have experienced the same problem with using the Amazon Prime app to play full-length programme material (i.e not just trailers)?  ...and are you saying that you have resolved this issue on your V6 by restarting via the menu system? This would be a valuable new insight into the nature and manifestation of the problem, effectively establishing a further inconsistency variable into the profile. Maybe VM would be interested in the specific level of firmware and/or other code that you are running, as your experience is apparently different from the majority of users reporting this problem - most of whom will have followed the recommended procedures in an attempt to resolve the issue.

HNY

Nick

Hey Virgin,

I’ve set my ‘Video Output’ to 1080 and now I can watch prime movies - so that’s positive, thanks.

My question - Is this as good as it gets or have you come up with a fix yet that will allow prime movies to work at the higher resolutions?

Please advise. Many thanks. 
Steve

Tycow
On our wavelength

I too am having this issue. The only way to get Amazon Prime working is to reboot my box... this lasts for a day or two then the spinning circle / black screen issue reappears.

Hi Everyone

Its great everyone is complaining about this issue, i raised this months ago, and clearly Virgin are too incompetent to fix this issue. Its not hard to reproduce, everyone says they have the same issue.

@Virgin Media, have you actually tried to reproduce or do anything to fix this yet? or are you wasting everyone's time?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not supporting VM in any way but in message 142 they said the original bug causing the issue in the original post back in August of last year,  has been fixed and any subsequent Prime issues are likely to be for other reasons perhaps specific to individual users.

I would suggest to test that out... you should post up SPECIFIC details of the Prime issue you are all having in new separate threads - with details of your equipment in use and connection methods so that they can be assessed individually.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.