cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

charlieannear
On our wavelength

I’ve logged in to my Amazon Prime account, and can see the menu screens, but whenever I select a show to watch, all I get is the spinning wheel for a second or two and then a black screen. Nothing comes up no matter how long I wait, and if I press stop it goes back to the menu screen no problem.

V6 box seems to be working OK otherwise, Netflix works OK (although some programs won’t work, in a similar fashion, but at least I get an error message with those!)

262 REPLIES 262

ModTeam

Hi All,

Just to let you know the issue that was being investigated where a black screen was showing is now resolved.

If you continue to have any further issues please let us know. 

Thanks

Mod Team

Thanks Mod Team, 

The connection issue does appear resolved too. 

As these matters have a habit of reoccuring, are you able to share what you did to fix the issue? 

I have been using Prime with no issues until today. Getting the black screen!! 

bigkev3579
On our wavelength

Problem still persists. App works on back room V6 settings set to 1080p. Box in the front room set exactly the same but every time I press red I get purple screen saying "one moment" then blackness and back to channel 205. Even a reboot that usually works on it is now ineffective.

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Rlea2010 @bigkev3579 

Thanks for reporting back, I'm sorry to hear that problems are ongoing. We'd like to continue the investigation at this point, are you able to confirm the following?

• Where the blank screen presented (were you accessing the app itself, or trying to stream content)?
  • What time this happened?
  • Were you able to access other streaming services (Netflix, iPlayer) at the time this happened?

@WHYVMWHY @brand1977 @gmcclatchey - are you still seeing problems? If so, could you also provide the information above please?

If you could let me know asap I'll pass that information on for investigation.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Cheers for getting back to me

Still getting the problem.

Prime home screen loads up no problem, when you select your programme the screen goes black and nothing happens.

It's happening all the time and Netflix, iplayer etc are working fine. 

I've reset everything but it's made no difference. 

Hi,

It is working again. Problem was while trying to access prime app. Time was around 9 am 7th November. Netflix was working fine. 

Thanks

All sorted. Worked through various advice on this thread....just needed to reset virgin tv settings and it worked thereafter. No issues since this was done. Ta.

bigkev3579
On our wavelength

Hi still having problems with my front room box. Doesn't matter what time of day. I can watch Netflix without a problem. And it is the one connected to the superhub by wifi. I've tried both 2 and 5 gh

searsy63
Joining in

This is ridiculous, I can play the trailers but when I purchase the movie I get 'something went wrong'? So I've paid but cannot watch what I've paid for 😠 have reset the box and done everything else. So who pays me back when my time to watch elapses???