cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

charlieannear
On our wavelength

I’ve logged in to my Amazon Prime account, and can see the menu screens, but whenever I select a show to watch, all I get is the spinning wheel for a second or two and then a black screen. Nothing comes up no matter how long I wait, and if I press stop it goes back to the menu screen no problem.

V6 box seems to be working OK otherwise, Netflix works OK (although some programs won’t work, in a similar fashion, but at least I get an error message with those!)

262 REPLIES 262

Thank you Michael_JK - so to be clear, the proposed workaround is to watch in lower resolution?

Bangjovi
Joining in

I have followed the work around to 720p, but it has made no difference. 

Can I ask if others are using Prime video on another device at times? I seem to be OK on VM after a restart of the box, and it continues to work until I use my TV in the office to watch prime. Even if I close that down, when I come back to my Virgin Media box in the lounge, I get the black screen after a brief twiddle in the middle. I wonder if there is some issue where Prime thinks I am watching it on too many devices at the same time ? 

I've recently been in receipt of my V6 box and have had no problem up until today where I went to use Amazon prime and when I clicked on anything to watch the loading symbol appeared then disappeared leaving my screen completely black and Amazon prime not working I was wondering if anyone has any answers as to why this may be happening 

I too connect by ethernet cable and it eventually makes no difference, it will still stop working.

I'm not watching on multiple choices, just the V6 box, and I always log out correctly.

Having had the problem for months I now know that the only way to get it working again is to reset the box. A complete pain but, for me at least, it works every time.

gmcclatchey
Joining in

4th November 2019. NOT WORKING

Just connected to my Prime Video account on V6 box....choose a movie etc...swirling circle and black screen...NOT fixed by Virgin. Not suprised. Anybody got a work around without using a clunk ethernet cable!

ModTeam

Hi All, 

Just to keep you all informed, this issue is still being investigated by our support team.

If you do experience an issue watching content where a black screen is displayed, could you please let us know the following information. This will help us diagnose and resolve the cause of this;

• Time issue occurred
  • Content you were trying to watch
  • Did this issue reoccur after retrying

If you are experiencing any issues with Amazon Prime, that is not a black screen being displayed when trying to watch content, please create your own individual thread for further help. 

Thanks

Mod Team

Thank you for keeping us informed, Mods.

I switched ISP yesterday, EE to Virgin. I never had an issue watching Prime on my smart TV during my 18 month contract with EE. This morning, the Prime app reports there is an Internet connection failure... Netflix, YouTube, Internet browser apps all work and connect fine.

Is it possible the V6 modem is preventing the Prime App from connecting? Is this some sort of security protocol that the Prime App/V6 cannot get through?

Hopefully between yourselves and Amazon you can figure this one out. 

I'm within my Cooling Off period, which ends on 18th November. I will be cancelling my contract if this is not resolved before then. 

Amazon prime video just getting blank screen 

bigkev3579
On our wavelength

Usually get spinning wheel on my box in the front room when trying to play a movie/show but a reboot sorts it. Tried pressing red on Amazon prime channel this morning on the backroom box and got nothing but a black screen. Tried numerous times. Although I tried changing the video output to 720 and then it worked. But obviously not ideal.