cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

charlieannear
On our wavelength

I’ve logged in to my Amazon Prime account, and can see the menu screens, but whenever I select a show to watch, all I get is the spinning wheel for a second or two and then a black screen. Nothing comes up no matter how long I wait, and if I press stop it goes back to the menu screen no problem.

V6 box seems to be working OK otherwise, Netflix works OK (although some programs won’t work, in a similar fashion, but at least I get an error message with those!)

262 REPLIES 262

It worked ok for a while but it stopped again last night.

The virgin box is set up for my elderly mother and i have put amazon Prime on it and it doesn't work for her she cant watch it most of the time as we have the same skinny wheel and black screen problem as everyone else when you try to play content. 

If you reboot the machine it works for a bit but she's elderly and is unable to reboot the box every time she wants to watch something. 

Most TVs can handle a simple streaming player not sure why a virgin box has so many issues with it! 

Well I have managed to train my 87 year old mum to access Amazon using a firestick.

Why not buy her one on Black Friday. The picture quality is far better than watching via the V6.

Ours still isn’t sorted. We just get a banner saying “something went wrong”

Hi PatVickers

Thanks for your post 

Can I ask if you get an error code at all when you try and access Prime?

Gareth_L

Lost mine again this morning after it's been working fine for the past month, I rebooted my V6 box and it's working again, I suggest exiting the channel correctly by pressing the back button until it asks Do you want to Exit the App.

I always exit the app this way but it doesn't seem to make any difference---it works ok for a while and then just stops and you have to reboot the V6.

Hi PatVickers,
So we can look at this in more detail can you confrim the following questions
Has it worked before & when did the issue start happening?
Is it a straight connection between box & tv, Wired by ethernet or over WiFi?
What kind of HDMI leads are you using, have you tried a new one
Have you tried re-booting the Set Top Box or changing the Video Resolution?

Gareth_L

Joke..  come on... do you guys not test things??

Not working for me.. can someone contact me to sort this

Louis_R
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi satkinson_uk,

Thank you very much for your post. We are very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with Amazon Prime on our V6 box. Are you able to expand further on the issue you have been experiencing so we can assist further?

Many thanks,

Louis